[Suggestion] Filtered Deliveries

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

GrumpySmurf
level0

[Suggestion] Filtered Deliveries

Postby GrumpySmurf » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:04 pm

My suggestion is a filter for the deliveries room. Basically the functionality is to ability to what the room is able to accept Food/Building supplies , prisoner intake, etc. This suggestion would work in conjunction with another.

Custom Roads . http://forums.introversion.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=51580

The main reason is the ability to have a very secure area for only prisoner intake while you can have a less secure area for deliveries.
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Re: [Suggestion] Filtered Deliveries

Postby blipadouzi » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:05 pm

I like this, because it would solve the much demanded prisoner intake zone... but you could also have a separate deliveries area for your kitchen.
rsdworker
level3
level3

Postby rsdworker » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:34 pm

i agree its needs separate deliveries - example prisoners go in the room called intake then when they hand in the belongings in and get prison uniform then go to be waited for cell assignment
when prisoner is ready to leave - he goes to departure room where he will collect the belongings and exit the prison
unless he is on transfer which goes to transfer room where he will collect belongings and board bus to other prison
CumpyLustard
level2
level2

Postby CumpyLustard » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:02 pm

I'd also like this.
SonofSuperJoe
level1
level1

Postby SonofSuperJoe » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:48 am

In general I think there need to be demarcations and/or filters for a lot of rooms, with a method similar to how offices receive specific room names to denote them for their more specific purposes on the map.

Stuff like Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary demarcations for Kitchens and Laundries, depending on how much supply they cater to. Or for Storage rooms, there could be a standard storage room for building supplies, and another - Cold Storage - for keeping extra foodstuffs in refrigerators.

Having a specific delivery room for prisoners would probably be called "Intake" and might even need unique objects or functionality (isn't there usually a delousing area in prisoner intake?).

The functions for this are all at least partly in the game already (as evidenced by Offices becoming specific once assigned) so it's really not a crazy concept to implement so much as it's an expansion on these more basic concepts.
Artophwar
level1
level1

Postby Artophwar » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:07 pm

I just came back to the game for A29 and that was one of the first things I wanted to do was have separate entrances for prisoners, deliveries, and visitors.
GrumpySmurf
level0

Postby GrumpySmurf » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:01 pm

Well, visitors are can have a separate entrance. They don't require the deliveries room
ElTimson
level0

Postby ElTimson » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:38 pm

I desperately need this feature. Prisoners are always taken through the "non public" parts of my prison (like office buildings, staff break room) as the layout makes it easier and shorter to go that way instead of taking the "intake" entrance.
Turnspike
level1
level1

Postby Turnspike » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:08 am

100% this
Raydonman
level0

Postby Raydonman » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:15 pm

I came here to suggest this, but like a good person, used the search function. This definitely needs to happen. Either a separate room (Intake, Delivery, etc) or, much like how Rimworld does it with their zone marking, you can specify what goes in that.

I like that idea better, so you can say "This zone only allows prisoners, and this zone only allows visitors."

An alternative, allowing doors to be used for prisoners only vs visitors.

Return to “Community Members”