Next Update

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

erikvcarlson
level0

Next Update

Postby erikvcarlson » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:00 pm

So in my personal opinion I would love the execution chairs to start working in the game. This could be coded into the intake. These prisoners would be volatile supermax security prisoners in your prison just for death row. Here they could go the the chapel and speak to parole to get their sentence lowered. If this doesn't work after their sentence is up they would be executed in your prison. These prisoners would give the player more than the max sec prisoners because they are extremely volatile and would cause fights all the time because they would most likely die while in the prison. Any thoughts?
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Re: Next Update

Postby blipadouzi » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:56 pm

I could care less if the chair is functional or not... because ultimately it's not up to the warden who gets executed or not... it's a judge and the state.
an otter
level1
level1

Postby an otter » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:43 pm

Yeah it's a shame they didn't incorporate the element.
Roy974
level1
level1

Postby Roy974 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:20 pm

If the prisoner entered your prison already with the death sentence then yes but if it is implemented then perhaps it would be better to have the electric chair aka deathrow as an un-lockable which in turn unlocks the ability to have the chance of prisoners already assigned to supermax come in with the death sentence. All prisoners you assign to deathrow will never be sent to the chair only those who came in with such sentence. Then to add to this any prisoner who kills someone while in your prison has a 50/50 chance of having their sentence changed from what ever to deathrow in less they already have that sentence obviously. I don't see deathrow been implemented any time soon because its a touchy subject and from what I gather February's update will most likely consist of mostly fixes and maybe 1 or 2 minor features.

Did anyone see the new cell type in the alpha video? superior cells. Could that be for deathrow? could that be for shared cells?
an otter
level1
level1

Postby an otter » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:46 pm

Roy974 wrote:Did anyone see the new cell type in the alpha video? superior cells. Could that be for deathrow? could that be for shared cells?

If they finish the game before ever giving us effing bunkbeds tha'll be the real crime.
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:57 pm

I wonder about bunkbeds since it is not a 3d game but just double cells would be great, which I think some people have modded.

As for death sentence the parole system is a bit of an inspiration... executing a prisoner will give you a cash bonus. Executing an INNOCENT prisoner will come with a penalty. All prisoners can now be revealed as innocent but this process is completely outside of your control and unpredictable. This is an incentive to keep prisoners on death row for a while and have your lawyers research the case, rather than run a 'slaughter house' for money.
SonofSuperJoe
level1
level1

Postby SonofSuperJoe » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:18 pm

Superior cells were mentioned some time ago, but I have no idea what they're really about.

I figured they were for prisoners who acted well, as a sort of potential carrot rather than a stick. That they would have Superior quality beds, a larger room size, and decent amenities in them to keep prisoners quite happy.

However, I think they only work if there's an "inferior" cell as an opposite direction shift for game balance purposes.

If there's a more expensive but superior cell then obviously all players will aim to make every cell in their game superior eventually. It would help to make the whole process of prison flow much more smooth and with fewer incidents. The only downside is cost and time, but the benefits are a huge in the larger perspective.

However, superior cells fall into the whole Care-Bare Reform Resort concept of running a prison. They don't work well with the Giant Gulag of Grimness style.

There, a more "inferior cell" type makes more sense - The Double Cell. Either with Bunk beds or wall mounted double sleeping racks, a double cell with two prisoners in it gets you more bang for your buck space wise, at the cost of basically making the prisoners lives a little suckier.

It's the obvious counterpart to the superior cell, and I hope it's included as the counterpart option whenever superior cells make it in.

Return to “Community Members”