PA feature suggestion :: Toggable grid?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Tristano
level0

PA feature suggestion :: Toggable grid?

Postby Tristano » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:05 am

Hi everybody, this is my first post on the forums...
First of all, I want to say that PA is great and it's developing into a lovely game.
A feature I'd like to see implemented is a toggable-grid. When planning (especially interiors) it cab be annoying to have to rely on planning tools--for example, to keep track of the space in front of me, usually I draw a few lines on the screen which help me counting how many grid-squares an area is, ecc.

A grid would make life easier: press a key (like TAB, or combination of keys) and the grid overlays the map. Press it again and it goes away. Just like in most graphic programs (InkScape, Photoshop, ecc.) Some thin colored lines for the grid units, and maybe thicker (or darker) ones every so many squares (like every five square), so it visually help to do some "quick math" on the map.

The grid functionality would save my PA plannings a lot of time, and make "playing life" easier. And hopefully it would help avoid miscalculations--where I end up building long walls which were supposed to meet another wall but end up misallined, ecc.

At the end of the day, almost all drawing software have some grid-implementation of some kind. And for good reasons. PA has elements of desing in it, so I think it deserves a grid system.

Tristano (Italy)
mfkdso
level1
level1

Re: PA feature suggestion :: Toggable grid?

Postby mfkdso » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:33 am

When I saw the title, I was thinking you meant being able to place objects without a grid. But, I agree with this idea.

Return to “Community Members”