[Suggestion] Smart Prisoners

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

QuinnySnickers
level0

[Suggestion] Smart Prisoners

Postby QuinnySnickers » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:28 am

When you think of a prison, you think of tall fences and secure cells, and you probably think of people trying to escape.
With a developed maximum security prison, people trying to escape can be rare, and with armed guards roaming their unlikely to succeed.
My suggestion is to add smarter and more intuitive people, it would add extra depth to every prison and consequently (in my opinion), it would make Prison Architect even more fun.
As well as the normal reps, prisoners could also have a chance of having one of these 4 reputations,
Dumb, Smart, Intelligent or Genius.
These attributes could determine if/how the questioned would escape.
Newer ways to escape could also come along with this, whether the prisoner hides at an unguarded place and runs out when no ones looking, or he disguises as a guard etc...
I'm sorry if I didn't explain everything correctly, or my ideas are absolute crap, I just like to think of these things when I'm playing. Thanks!

-Snickers
Triggish
level0

Re: [Suggestion] Smart Prisoners

Postby Triggish » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:37 pm

I like this idea, once you've got a solid prison built in the right way escape can be impossible. For prisoners to be able to plan an escape in a smart way would be a very good feature to keep people playing the game for longer. The key to it would be to make it immersive though, so for example, similar to the contraband paths that you can view, you are able to see how a prisoner put together an escape plan after the attempt. Also, using confidential informers, you could perhaps have an area/item on the map highlighted as a tip off as being part of an escape plan. Without giving too much away, but giving you a clue as to what someone might be planning.
SonofSuperJoe
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Smart Prisoners

Postby SonofSuperJoe » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:03 am

I wrote up a pretty complex version of what is essentially a "Smart Prisoner" idea over here viewtopic.php?f=43&t=51653#p582920

Needless to say, yeah, "Smart" prisoners, and/or the ability for some prisoners to come up with more in depth plans of action feels pretty necessary.

Return to “Community Members”