[Suggestion] More micromanagement

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

smoothrolla
level1
level1

[Suggestion] More micromanagement

Postby smoothrolla » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:16 pm

Hey all

I know the devs are generally against micro management, i personally want more.
It could be handled where the AI does the best guess, then we can override, just like the laundry and food systems

Assign staff to staff rooms / Dog handlers to Kennels / Armoured Guards to Armories
This would ensure the staff rest at the correct room so when they are rested they are in the general area you want them
they can then be assigned patrols or stationed roles based on their closest location (via paths, not flying distance)

I have seen so often a guard is currently assigned a role when on the other side of the prison
this would improve the odds that this doesnt happen by allowing us to allocate how many staff we want where.

It is possible that they are so tired they dont make it back, so you could expand on this and allow them to the closest one if they are too tired to make it home
Its not unreasonable for a guard IRL to know how long it would take to get back and start there return journey at an appropriate time, thought that may be too complex

Assign cooks to Kitchens
Unless you stagger the cooking times (and sometimes even when you dont) it would be useful to be able to allocate number of cooks per kitchen
Lots of times i have a large amount of cooks in a small kitchen which serves 20 when the main kitchen providing for 600 prisoners is understaffed

In both cases any unallocated staff could resume the current automation routines
what do you think?
5hifty
level4
level4

Re: [Suggestion] More micromanagement

Postby 5hifty » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:00 am

HertogTom
level0

Re: [Suggestion] More micromanagement

Postby HertogTom » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:47 pm

I would love to have more control over the guards, to assign them to certain shifts for example. I have no use for most guards at night, so I would like it if they would rest then, so I can use them all day and keep the Door controls and camera units manned when I need them for example.

Return to “Community Members”