Suggestion: Custom secondary categories

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Inge Jones
level2
level2

Suggestion: Custom secondary categories

Postby Inge Jones » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:26 am

I have four cell blocks, each with their own recreation and shower facilities. One for low sec, one for high sec, and two for med sec. In free time and shower time, the med sec prisoners waste a lot of guard time having the doors open for them to use each others showers and televisions instead of just using the ones in their own block. I don't want to lock the doors on a timer because I'd like them to be able to have visits during these times.

It would therefore be nice if we could set up subcategories we could assign prisoners to, like cell block, and have deployment zones for example "cell block A only"
Allied
level0

Re: Suggestion: Custom secondary categories

Postby Allied » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:16 pm

Yes. I have prisoners refuse to use their own private shower and will instead walk halfway across the prison block to use someone else's. Sometimes they will undress in their own shower room and then walk naked halfway across the prison to use another shower.
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:14 pm

I've come up with an alternative idea based on the new kitchen/canteen logistics. If the idea can extend to other room types such as shower and common room etc, we could draw lines from the cell block to the common room etc you want that or those cell blocks to use.
grimmy72
level1
level1

Postby grimmy72 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Prisoners should simply use the Yard or Shower reachable for them through least amount of doors.

You could do nice things by assigning cellblocks to shower/yard/anything but the above should in my opinion be default behavior.

Return to “Community Members”