What use is the weapon rack?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

grimmy72
level1
level1

What use is the weapon rack?

Postby grimmy72 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:23 am

I know we need one weapon rack in the armory, but what does it DO? Specifically, do we ever need more then one weapon rack if we want to equip more guards with tazers for example?
lunaticneko
level2
level2

Re: What use is the weapon rack?

Postby lunaticneko » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:42 pm

You need only one.

The armed guards also take shotguns from the weapon rack. The prisoners also do the same in case a riot breaks out, so keep your weapon rack protected.
memory020
level1
level1

Postby memory020 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:22 pm

lunaticneko wrote:You need only one.

The armed guards also take shotguns from the weapon rack. The prisoners also do the same in case a riot breaks out, so keep your weapon rack protected.

The weapon rack only serves one purpose: to fulfill the requirements of the armoury, and cosmetically.

So, because they are normally always in the armoury keep them protected, but outside the armoury, they serve no real purpose and hold no weapons.
CumpyLustard
level2
level2

Postby CumpyLustard » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:24 pm

lunaticneko wrote:You need only one.

I don't think weapon racks actually do anything. The actual room (the armory) supplies the contraband, not the rack itself. You could build a weapon rack anywhere in your prison and prisoners will never get any guns, as far as I know.

EDIT: Someone beat me to it.
grimmy72
level1
level1

Postby grimmy72 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:55 pm

Hmm.. so 40% of my guards not having tazers despite roll-out is just them being lazy during tazer-class. I'll go have a word with them about that :)
Thanks for all replies!

Return to “Community Members”