Guards opening doors to "staff only" zone for prisoner

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

nethyperon
level0

Guards opening doors to "staff only" zone for prisoner

Postby nethyperon » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:39 pm

I noticed guards opening doors for prisoners to zones that were designated as "staff only". The prisoner won't go in after the door is opened, but I guess the guard should not even open the door in the first place.

(Noticed this in alpha 28)
will309
level1
level1

Re: Guards opening doors to "staff only" zone for prisoner

Postby will309 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Possible Pathing Bug you should make sure to report it
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:37 am

That seems odd---guards should only open doors for prisoners if they are requesting access via that door, and prisoners shouldn't be requesting access into staff only zones (and it sounds like they are not going through the door, which strikes me as doubly odd). Are you sure that the guards are opening the doors for the prisoners and not for themselves or for other staff?

A screenshot or video demonstrating the problem would be incredibly helpful. If you can managed to capture the behaviour in a save file, that would also help quite a lot.

xander
Pegasus2
level1
level1

Postby Pegasus2 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:22 am

Are these outside areas or other rooms?
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:46 am

Yeah I get this a bit to. If the prisoners are crammed in and bump into the door, or use the space infront of the door to move past it, it is considered a 'door open' request. Guards will come and open the door for no reason.
grimmy72
level1
level1

Postby grimmy72 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:40 pm

This made me thinks about the different doors in game. Should guards EVER open een staffdoor for any prisoner? What if they only do that for jaildoors and leave staffdoors purely for staff? (prisoners sneaking through because another staffer opened a door is an ok risk, although guards should notice this and correct it,other staff not so much ;-)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:27 pm

grimmy72 wrote:This made me thinks about the different doors in game. Should guards EVER open een staffdoor for any prisoner? What if they only do that for jaildoors and leave staffdoors purely for staff? (prisoners sneaking through because another staffer opened a door is an ok risk, although guards should notice this and correct it,other staff not so much ;-)

Guards will open any door for any well-behaved entity that seeks access via that door. Staff doors are not meant to control access---deployment zones are.

xander

EDIT: Cue 5hifty, explaining why I am an idiot for thinking that this is the right solution, in 3... 2... 1...
kknight13
level1
level1

Postby kknight13 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:49 pm

I found that if a prisoner was attempting to access an area before it became staff only they would still request the door opens but not actually go beyond the door.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:03 pm

kknight13 wrote:I found that if a prisoner was attempting to access an area before it became staff only they would still request the door opens but not actually go beyond the door.

Heh. That is an interesting corner case.

xander
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:59 pm

xander wrote:EDIT: Cue 5hifty, explaining why I am an idiot for thinking that this is the right solution, in 3... 2... 1...

dick
grimmy72
level1
level1

Postby grimmy72 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:31 pm

5hifty wrote:
xander wrote:EDIT: Cue 5hifty, explaining why I am an idiot for thinking that this is the right solution, in 3... 2... 1...

dick

Odd explanation :)

But seriously, I would like doors prisoners are not allowed to use/cross. Currently the doors are only different in who can open them, but once open anyone can cross them. (prisoners sneaking past is fine as I mentioned earlier)

I know zones are supposed to handle this and prisoners do seem to act accordingly but zones feel so... optional ? There's nothing stopping prisoners using a staffdoor to sneak into areas not zoned for them 'cos anybody will open the door for them without asking? Door should be more restrictive in my opinion anyway :mrgreen:

Return to “Community Members”