Carpentry: making superior beds problem

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

miffy
level1
level1

Carpentry: making superior beds problem

Postby miffy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:43 pm

My prisoners are busily making superior beds and must've made over 100 by now, selling each for $400. But the game won't credit me with any having been made, so I can't complete the relevant grant. I did find an old post on the forum saying that ten beds had to be on-screen, either in the workshop or waiting for export, for them to be counted. Anyone know if this is still the case? I don't even have a %age indicator on the tasks list for it, although I do for the education tasks.

In the image below, there are 14 beds showing in two workshops. But the game is convinced I haven't made or sold any!

PS before anyone asks, I have no mods, only the normal Steam version.
PPS happy to upload my prison for you to look at if I can work out how!

CumpyLustard
level2
level2

Re: Carpentry: making superior beds problem

Postby CumpyLustard » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:45 pm

I've been having the same issue. If I recall, someone on Mantis suggested that the game stops counting beds for the grant if you save, exit, and reload the game. I can't actually confirm that myself, as it will probably take a while to test in one sitting. Of course, I don't know if you had saved and exited before completing any beds, of course, so it could be something else.

I believe they had claimed to have fixed the issues relating to the license plate/superior bed grants, but I still have never actually completed the superior bed grant as far as I can remember. I would suggest to just avoid that grant for now (obviously you're stuck with it on this prison). It's not worth that much anyway. :wink:
miffy
level1
level1

Re: Carpentry: making superior beds problem

Postby miffy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:50 pm

Thanks Cumpy. I'm bound to have saved, exited and reloaded the game between taking on the Grant and producing beds. I save regularly as I never know when it's going to crash, plus I have a family so can't play the game ALL the time!! :D
I don't really care about getting the other 10k of the Grant as it's not as though I need it; I just wanted it off my ToDo list!

Hadn't noticed any issues with the licence plates and getting that Grant when I was still producing them. Since I got inmates trained in carpentry, none of them make licence plates any more, it's all woodworking.

Return to “Community Members”