Cooking starts to late?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

grimmy72
level1
level1

Cooking starts to late?

Postby grimmy72 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:43 pm

Alpha28, logistics screen correctly shows prisoners assign to one of five canteens. Canteens are served/connected to three fairly big kitchens. It also predicts the required amount of meals ok. However, even with 27 cooks total and PLENTY of cookers/fridges there's nowhere near enough food made, sometimes even none?

What am I missing here?

p.s. have also seen cooks transporting trays from one kitchen/canteen to the other, all the way through the prison. All kitchens have sinks, so why would this happen? (might reduce cooking capability a lot)
miffy
level1
level1

Re: Cooking starts to late?

Postby miffy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:35 am

Am not sure if this is the cause of your cooking problem or not, but I found that if I did a Shakedown while food was cooking, the search of the cooking food on the stoves seemed to cause most of the searched pots and pans to be taken to Storage, instead of to the serving tables. I found my Storage area so full of pots and pans containing cooking food that although the kitchens knew how much to cook, they counted the food in the Storage area as valid food and didn't cook any more, leaving my prisoners starving and rioting. The only solutions I found to this were to firstly Dump all the food in the pots and pans in the Storage area to stop it being counted as validly cooking food, and then to avoid issuing a Shakedown if any food was being cooked.
grimmy72
level1
level1

Postby grimmy72 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:45 pm

Ah yes.. lots of pans in Storage indeed, thanks for that tip! Have dump them all, food was overdue probably :)

Also noticed that if change the time of an active 'Eat' period in regime, the kitchens don't seem to act on it. The prisoners do though, so they're expecting food that isn't yet there :)
miffy
level1
level1

Postby miffy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:46 pm

It seems that the kitchens need a couple of hours notice to cook. A bit like real life?!

Glad I could help with the other issue. :)

Return to “Community Members”