[BUG/Suggestion?] Released Prisoners can be punished

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

binarygod
level0

[BUG/Suggestion?] Released Prisoners can be punished

Postby binarygod » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:37 pm

So I had a panic moment when I saw a guard let a prisoner walk right out of my front jail door and head to the road gate, so I paused and hit the Punishment--> Send to Solitary for being a bad person, well....I sent him to solitary for 12 hours THEN I realized he was released because he served his sentence, lol. So he had to wait for 12 hours.

So I guess this is a Bug/Suggestion, if this is intended then it's a Suggestion, if it's not it's a Bug. Prisoners that are released shouldn't be subjected to punishments after they are released. I shouldn't even have the option to do so.

Is there a way to cancel a punishment...I just had to let the poor dude right it out.
CumpyLustard
level2
level2

Re: [BUG/Suggestion?] Released Prisoners can be punished

Postby CumpyLustard » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:56 pm

There currently isn't any way to cancel a punishment in-game (you might be able to edit something in the files but I doubt that's what you were looking for), so he'll just have to serve a little more time in your prison.

This happens a lot when a released prisoner has contraband and they get detected by a metal detector or a guard dog (and is probably a known issue), but I agree that if a prisoner is released you probably shouldn't be able to manually punish them.
Hecthor Doomhammer
level1
level1

Re: [BUG/Suggestion?] Released Prisoners can be punished

Postby Hecthor Doomhammer » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:31 pm

Funny thing is, you can still send the released prisoners to solitary or lock up, lock the door permanently and kill them that way

Return to “Community Members”