I NEED HELP!!!

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

MonsterMash
level0

I NEED HELP!!!

Postby MonsterMash » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:20 am

So i was building a big prison but not quite enough guards. i had the CCTV perk unlocked so i placed a bunch of cameras down. i got out a monitor in security room and stationed a guard in the room. No one is manning the monitor and i can't connect the CCTV Cameras to the Monitor. I go into utilities and click on connect but the CCTV gear just goes invisible. i clicked on the moniter/Camera but the only options i get are 'dismantle' and 'dump'. Is this a bug of some kind?
will309
level1
level1

Re: I NEED HELP!!!

Postby will309 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:21 am

I recommend placing a patrol in the monitor box and assign a guard making the system always on
As for the gear vanishing issue i had the same issue which i resovled by reloading the save
MonsterMash
level0

Postby MonsterMash » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:52 am

bugger, still working. :(
Isaak
level1
level1

Postby Isaak » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:04 am

To see the connect, your game must do in play (not pauze)

And be sure that you're enought guards. Patrol and deployement doesn't work for the cctv, a "free" guard must be assigned to cctv monitor if he doesn't have a task.
MonsterMash
level0

Postby MonsterMash » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:36 am

Nup. bought a new guard and right clicked on the monitor but he just walked there and began to wander the room.i tried connecting during play and it had the same result as Pause. as soon as i click 'connect' the cctv gear becomes transparent. Is there a special way to assign a guard to a monitor?
BugPowderDust
level2
level2

Postby BugPowderDust » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:50 am

MonsterMash wrote:Nup. bought a new guard and right clicked on the monitor but he just walked there and began to wander the room.i tried connecting during play and it had the same result as Pause. as soon as i click 'connect' the cctv gear becomes transparent. Is there a special way to assign a guard to a monitor?

No- "As of Alpha 20, guards will position themselves at a CCTV Monitor by themselves"

http://prison-architect.wikia.com/wiki/CCTV_Monitor
miffy
level1
level1

Postby miffy » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:14 am

My guards wouldn't monitor the monitors until I plonked a chair in front of the unit for them to sit on.

I also had great difficulty getting cctv cameras (or telephones) to connect to the monitor box, but got there in the end by persistently switching into and out of Utilities mode. I still have no idea why this helped or what I was doing wrong initially.
BugPowderDust
level2
level2

Postby BugPowderDust » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:21 am

miffy wrote:My guards wouldn't monitor the monitors until I plonked a chair in front of the unit for them to sit on.

This just coincidence then, I don't bother with chairs and they are fine without them

Return to “Community Members”