staff/emergency services, backwards

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

arwan
level2
level2

staff/emergency services, backwards

Postby arwan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:04 am

so currently in game we have "armed guards" as normal units, but we can call in non armed "riot police"

it seems to me that it would make much more sense to be able to hire "riot police AKA riot guards" to have a riot unit in your pirson that works just as the riot police do now in game.

also to use them you could either

1. manually dispatch them to where you want them, like we do currently.
2. let them hang out in the armory till there is a riot, and they automatically relocate to the riot, like a lot of the other staff do, doctors to the medical ward, cooks to the kitchen etc.

that being said you should not be able to "put them on patrol" as they are there really for riots, though it could be foreseeable that they would participate in a shake down. and help search cells and prisoners.

all that being said the current armed guard should take the place of the current riot police and be called in like an emergency squad for when things really hit the fan and you just NEED control back and dont care about the body count.

what do you guys think?

also would it be possible to mod this function into the game?
Ketamine
level1
level1

Re: staff/emergency services, backwards

Postby Ketamine » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:38 pm

I like the idea since most hardcore RL prisons have a staff of oncall 'riot' guards, who gear up when shit starts going down. Generally they are just regular guards with advanced training.

But realistically, in PA.. you'd be paying daily for a room full of riot guards who just sit there and might not get called for weeks (if you are managing inmate 'needs' properly). If your prison is a type that constantly has riots, I would suggest to tweak your prison instead =P. The current system of riot guards in my opinion is good, because you can call them in when needed and not waste money on a daily basis.

Maybe instead, have a guard training course which turns them into stronger guards when there is a riot (they run to the armory and bulk up, grab beanbag guns/grenades, and return to the fight-- stronger than the current hire-able riot police). I like that idea.
Dr_Olaf
level1
level1

Re: staff/emergency services, backwards

Postby Dr_Olaf » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:40 pm

^ agreed.
I'd also like to see some sort of "emergency response unit" that you, the player, maintains: Could be regular guards with training (like the tazer quali. we already have) PLUS things like the current armed guards, medics and doctors (i.e. you put together a team which does their normal job in your prison but could be dispatched - probably via a right - click menu: "Dispatch ERU here".
Or something like that.
Or have them ready near potentially dangerous rooms and respond to fights breaking out etc.

Return to “Community Members”