Prisoners won't volunteer for training

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

miffy
level1
level1

Prisoners won't volunteer for training

Postby miffy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:15 pm

When I first start a game, a couple of prisoners will volunteer for the work or education programs. After this first batch, no prisoners will volunteer. I'm 80+ days into my prison and all prisoners trained to use the workshop, help in the kitchen or who are educated to foundation level have been released. It doesn't matter if I run the education or training programs or not; no-one will attend for training and the teacher is left to while away the time by themselves. Why don't any prisoners want the training? Out of 300+ prisoners total I've had in the prison, only 3 have ever trained to use the workshop. The specified length of time required in the schedule for the training exists but no-one wants it.
theweef01
level1
level1

Re: Prisoners won't volunteer for training

Postby theweef01 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:52 pm

Prisoners won't want to work in programs if they're suppressed. If you have armed guards, get rid of them.
miffy
level1
level1

Postby miffy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:48 pm

Thanks for reply; I'll give that a go.

Edit: relocating the armed guards has helped a great deal. Thanks for the suggestion; I hadn't realised that was what was meant by 'suppression'.
memory020
level1
level1

Postby memory020 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:48 am

I had a max security prison, and kept a bunch of armed guards. I was always high risk, but no rioting, but it was dangerous. Fired them all, leave enough cash to hire 6/7 in an "Awe shit" moments, and haven't had problems since. I've had one riot (not classified as a riot), and i'm not even sure why. Had about 60 prisoners involved, Solitary was backed up for about 48 hours....

Return to “Community Members”