I want to be an evil warden

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

heskel
level0

I want to be an evil warden

Postby heskel » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:46 pm

I had a look but couldn't find something like this (edit - i've looked some more and there seem to be a lot of posts re corrupt guards, but i've still not found a corrupt warden suggestion - I'm still looking though!)

I want to be able to be an evil warden with a separate success factor in the form of a "slush fund". Like arranging illegal medical experiments on prisoners for big cash incentives or running a meth lab on-site.

You'd have to recruit guards and staff to help you, similarly to the way you could recruit informants when they're in solitary. You'd pay them off from your slush funds (separate to your prison value funds) or cut them in for a percentage of proceeds. You might even do a deal with some prisoners/gang to work in your drug factory in return for preferential treatment or distribution on the outside. You'd have to be wary of which staff to approach (perhaps there's a corruption factor that you can reveal with some research or something) as there is a risk goody two shoe guards may report you to the authorities. You'll also need to avoid being detected during random prison inspections etc...

If you went down the bad route, you could have a special deployment screen for your 'bad staff' so that they would be able take prisoners to the medical wing in the middle of the night whilst the bad guards kept the corridors clear or you'd make sure they were on CCTV duties at that time. Or even set areas that only your bad staff would have access to, so as to avoid suspicious eyes...
Reeferken
level1
level1

Re: I want to be an evil warden

Postby Reeferken » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:53 pm

First get the standard game running nicely but then this would be a great addition... Also it allows us to play as we want (black and white/tropico/...)
heskel
level0

Postby heskel » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:26 pm

ya - its always way more fun to play the baddie - like how tie fighter was a much better game than x wing.

There are lots of possibilities for bad warden activities.

medical experiments/trials (mentioned in earlier post) - if you want to get really dark - sell prisoner organs
drug manufacture (mentioned in earlier post) A walled off yard might be the perfect place to grow some pot, or an unused workshop converted into a meth lab etc...
prisoner fights - rich ppl will pay to visit to your prison to bet on the fights. Risky as outsider involvement increases risk of discovery. could even have multiplayer mode where the champ from my prison could take on your champ - both of us put up some slush fund cash to bet on the result..
Preferential Treatment - say a powerful mob boss gets locked up in your prison, his gang might pay you to provide luxury accomodation so in return for a 'rider' (eg must have a TV in his cell, private yard time or whatever) they pay a fee into your 'slush fund'
Receipt of Bribes - A gang might want access to drugs to sell to fellow inmates, so pay you to turn a blind eye
Illegal Prisoners - sometimes someone wants to disappear someone without killing them - Take a huge bribe to lock someone away from the world
Access to a Snitch - Maybe a massive mob snitch is in your prison, key to the prosecution. The mob wants him gone, and are willing to pay a lot for a 'slip up in procedures' so they can take care of it

Hush money - Sometimes you'll need to cover up an incident so as not to get investigated
Bribes - For staff etc... that participate in your activities
Supply Contraband - to get prisoners to cooperate, you may have to supply them with drugs or whatnot in order to do so.
Threaten/Intimidate - Or you could just threaten them with something unreasonable/bump them off
Bump off prisoners - As a warden you can't just kill a prisoner outright, but you can arrange for them to have an 'accident' or killed by another prisoner (who you may have to supply with something to agree to do it)

etc...
Last edited by heskel on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:49 pm

I consider this stuff to be greatly the territory of mods, but we need more stuff to make mods out of.

That said people do quite often show an interest in running a really brutal prison, so these mods will get made once there are more things made available to mod.

As is I can already picture the medical experiments: start a program that actually MAKES money, patients visit the doctors, patients have a chance of dying or developing a reputation specific to the mod.
CumpyLustard
level2
level2

Postby CumpyLustard » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 pm

lugaru wrote:I consider this stuff to be greatly the territory of mods, but we need more stuff to make mods out of.

That said people do quite often show an interest in running a really brutal prison, so these mods will get made once there are more things made available to mod.

As is I can already picture the medical experiments: start a program that actually MAKES money, patients visit the doctors, patients have a chance of dying or developing a reputation specific to the mod.

I think I agree with this. PA currently rides sort of in the middle, I think: it's not a cuddly happy fun prison, and it isn't a brutal hellish death camp. Which I personally think is fine, and I'm sure someone will make mods for these things (I'd guess the violent prisons would come first, but someone might want a happy love prison).

Return to “Community Members”