Native Support for Multiple Screens

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Krutonium
level0

Native Support for Multiple Screens

Postby Krutonium » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:12 am

Just a request that sounds simple, but could be difficult:

I want the ability to use more than one screen when playing the game - Either to show more of my prison at once, or showing things like the Status of my prison and other such info. (Preferably more of the Prison). The important thing is that it should work with Miss-Matched screens - For example a 1024x1280 and a 1600x900 screen next to each other. Or for that matter, any number of matched or miss-matched monitors. I can imagine more than a bunch of us want this. ;)
an otter
level1
level1

Re: Native Support for Multiple Screens

Postby an otter » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:33 am

It's not perfect, but you can manually input window resolutions in the settings file located in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\ You may be able to punch in a resolution that spans both monitors. From what I can tell PA doesn't scale any assets but the 'window' so it may work in a pinch. Obviously this wont work well with mis-matched resolutions.

CTRL+ and CTRL- can also be used to scale up/down the HUD items in-game, giving you even more resolution flexibility.

I do this to use a windowed resolution different from what's in the list.
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Re: Native Support for Multiple Screens

Postby RichieGrape » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:20 am

an otter wrote:It's not perfect, but you can manually input window resolutions in the settings file located in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\ You may be able to punch in a resolution that spans both monitors. From what I can tell PA doesn't scale any assets but the 'window' so it may work in a pinch. Obviously this wont work well with mis-matched resolutions.

CTRL+ and CTRL- can also be used to scale up/down the HUD items in-game, giving you even more resolution flexibility.

I do this to use a windowed resolution different from what's in the list.

also if you use eyefinity this works however ui doesn't look right

Return to “Community Members”