I think it would be nice to have more control over the prisoners. So I made a fake prisoner option screen to illustrate my ideas.
I think most options I made are self explanatory but i want to give some explanation:
- Must always be handcuffed This could be on by default (or even only available) for supermax prisoners. I think this is pretty realistic. Maybe it's even better to make this checkbox "always be escorted by guard". So that they are not allowed to roam the prison freely. This would add some realism to the supermax. This would need a lot of guards, but I have some other options that minimize the amount a supermax prisoner would need to go outside of his cell. (Which is also realistic I think)
- Check urine daily Maybe this would be nice for drug or alcohol addicted prisoners. To check if they recently used drugs or alcohol. This might require them to go to the infirmary. I've seen this happen in prisons also (on tv, lol)
- Must be fed in cell This might be another thing that could be turned on by default for supermax prisoners. It allows you to lock them up in their cells for the most of the day, and only let them out for some yard time. This would minimize the time they're outside their cells. Could also be use to protect "snitch" or "ex-law enforcement" prisoners when you don't have a protective custody cell block yet. That way they don't have to go to the crowded canteen where they can be easily killed. When selected, a cook or guard should bring food to their cells during 'eat' regime. The prisoner should be locked up in their cells during eat regime.
- Not allowed to work/in common room/in yard Could also be a way to keep the most dangerous prisoners from rioting. Or protect "snitch" and "law enforcement" prisoners when you don't have a special cell block for them yet.
- Visitation not allowed Maybe this could prevent drug addicted prisoners from getting stuff from their family.
- Bring food If you click this, a cook or guard should bring some food to him. Allows you to put prisoners in solitary longer. Maybe this could be unnecessary if they automatically get food in solitary.
- Dispatch doctor This should send a doctor to the prisoner. Now it is a pain to send a doctor to someone, because the prisoner keeps moving.
- Send to warden Make a prisoner go to the warden to have a conversation with him. This should have the effect that his behavior improves. Maybe even that sometimes a character type (like stoical or instigator) gets removed (maybe temporarily).
- Intimidate A bunch of guards take the prisoner to a quiet place or room and make them yell at him and push him around. This should also improve his behavior but it could also make the prisoner start to fight or that he receives an extra character type (maybe temporarily). The types of guards who participate could also be randomized. Maybe even the security chief could participate once every 100 times (maybe only when you do this to a legendary prisoner, or a prisoner who killed a guard.) Or an armed guard or a dog handler could lets his dog bark at the prisoner.
- Beat up Same as above, but more violent. With the added risk of the prisoner killing a guard or the prisoner getting killed.
This is another idea i had. If you put a prisoner on a watchlist, you could get regular updates on things this prisoner does. Like: Drugs has been found on prisoner John Doe. Or prisoner John Doe has been in a fight. Or is injured. etc.
Also you could have a list of all the prisoners on your watchlist, so you can easily get to them. I think this is pretty important, especially if you have a large prison.
Also, some of these options could be turned on automatically. For example, if a prisoner starts a fight in the yard, he could get "not allowed in yard" turned on for, for example, 2 days. Or must be fed in cell, if he starts a fight in the canteen. This could be adjusted in the policy screen.
This would make it unnecessary to mess with these options for players who don't like micro management.
Of course these are just some ideas i had, but it would be a nice addition to have some more control over your prisoners.
I wish I could make this myself with the modding system. But I don't think this is possible.