Prisoner Flashmob (!)

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

tosti
level0

Prisoner Flashmob (!)

Postby tosti » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:09 pm

So i was just checking out the new alpha (which plays a lot smoother by the way, good work guys!), being very happy about the fixed kitchen/canteen AI.

When all of a sudden, i notice a group of about 20-30 prisoners standing in the yard with their hands up, like they are surrendering.
I immediately thought it was a new bug, which I would find rather dissapointing after a bugbash, but it's not a big deal for me.

Then! I notice a sound.. Which turns out to be the first tone of a song playing out of nowhere.
The prisoners slowly move their arms down, and start to dance to the music, in an epic "march band" kind of way.
More prisoners join as I am going nuts from this epicness. The whole process took about one minute, after which they just stopped and all went back to their normal routine.

As I was on the floor laughing, I didn't get the time to take a screenshot of the scene.

So is this an easter egg? Are they doing morning gymnastics? (which seems kind of weir to do at 5 PM) Is this their new way of rioting/making a statement?
Is there anyone who knows more about this?
spinroblox
level1
level1

Re: Prisoner Flashmob (!)

Postby spinroblox » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:56 pm

it happened last year too(btw the music is called thriller by Micheal Jackson)
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:13 am

Here ya go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx7KU2S ... 8sT0sJZyBg

The video above was recorded during Alpha 14h when this secret first made it's appearance.

The music playing is a close imitation of Thriller by Michael Jackson (Music begins at 4:12)

Cheers!
DeputyLOL
level1
level1

Postby DeputyLOL » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:26 pm

Happened to me just now. I worker dropped off a boombox in the yard. I thought it was a graphical glitch but when the prisoners started to line up I knew otherwise.
I got a screenshot but I don't know how to put it in. :(

It was a shame that it happened in the PC wing instead of my HS where I have 60+ prisoners. BEST MOMENT OF PA! MAKE THIS BOOMBOX A BUYABLE OBJECT SO WE CAN MAKE OUR PRISONERS DANCE AND HAVE SOME SORT OF ACHIEVEMENT LINKED TO IT!!!!
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:11 pm

Surprisingly happened to me as well. I loaded a very old big prison with 180 prisoners in it away from 210(Finally, performance is better on 2.4GHZ Dual core now but I guess it wont last long) and a workman immediately added the boombox at yard, 100 prisoners went there and danced. The problem is, they also started to fight which started a riot...

Damn! Who to blame? Boombox.
Hemothorax
level1
level1

Postby Hemothorax » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:21 am

I was watching my flashmob, laughing about it...

AND THEN THE BIGGEST RIOT I HAD EVER SEEN BROKE OUT!

There were a lot of prisoners around, all a bit pissed about... stuff, and the second the song stopped, they all started fighting. It was a mess.
Captainfailsauce
level0

Postby Captainfailsauce » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:03 am

I had max sec in the yard when I heard the music, completely forgot what it was. When I realised, there were about 120 prisoners doing the thriller dance! I wish I had fraps going. Please add the warden standing at the front for next year :D
snarst
level2
level2

Postby snarst » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:10 pm

I grabbed an armed guard and threw him in the yard and hit free fire because there was a snitch in PC dancing with them, I knew what was going to happen when the music stopped.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =334174840

Return to “Community Members”