[BUG] Mac version icon is default steam icon not PA icon

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Vovchigus
level0

[BUG] Mac version icon is default steam icon not PA icon

Postby Vovchigus » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:10 am

Just installed PA on macbook through Steam and icon is a default Steam icon, not PA icon.
On Windows we see beautiful PA icon and on OS X... Please fix it :-(

Proof Screen: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ou9n02ps54mdk ... 5.png?dl=0

System: Macbook Pro, OS X 10.9.5
Vovchigus
level0

Re: [BUG] Mac version icon is default steam icon not PA icon

Postby Vovchigus » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:38 am

Btw, I know how to change icons in OS X and already did it taken icon from standalone mac alpha but it is not good to see such bug in PA...
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:43 am

Vovchigus wrote:Btw, I know how to change icons in OS X and already did it taken icon from standalone mac alpha but it is not good to see such bug in PA...

Did you try to install the stand-alone version? It might be a Steam related issue.
Vovchigus
level0

Postby Vovchigus » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:50 am

blipadouzi wrote:Did you try to install the stand-alone version? It might be a Steam related issue.

Standalone version comes in .app file so you actually just drag it to Apps folder. And it comes with right icon.
I fixed icon issue for myself but it may confuse other players so IV should fix this little steam-related bug. And it is Month of Bugs Cleaning 2 now! :-)
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:27 am

Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying IV can't fix it... just trying to help them narrow down the cause with troubleshooting questions :)
Vovchigus
level0

Postby Vovchigus » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:31 am

blipadouzi wrote:Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying IV can't fix it... just trying to help them narrow down the cause with troubleshooting questions :)

So we figured out that this problem includes only steam mac version of PA. Standalone mac version doesn't have such problem.
Please add to dev's bug-tracker this bug if you can. Thanks for trying to help! ;-)
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:40 am

Vovchigus wrote:
blipadouzi wrote:Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying IV can't fix it... just trying to help them narrow down the cause with troubleshooting questions :)

So we figured out that this problem includes only steam mac version of PA. Standalone mac version doesn't have such problem.
Please add to dev's bug-tracker this bug if you can. Thanks for trying to help! ;-)

Well, with all due respect... YOU are experiencing the problem... YOU submit a report on the bug tracker. I don't even own a Mac, so how can I justify submitting the ticket, I can't even attempt to reproduce the problem.

Return to “Community Members”