Stuck Truck(s) after a few hours of play

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

gakera
level0

Stuck Truck(s) after a few hours of play

Postby gakera » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:53 am

My second try for a nice prison in Alpha 25 and after a couple of hours of playing the trucks are stuck somewhere on the road. This blocks food delivery and eventually everyone riots. I wish there was an option to cancel jobs, sometimes this is because of the first truck waiting for something to be loaded onto it and the others just stuck behind it with like one box of food each and none of them reaching the delivery area. In my latest game a truck is stuck just in the middle of the area above the default delivery area and no other trucks appear, even for prisoner delivery.
In both of these I do have 2x road gates each at the edge of the default zones. Maybe that's the problem, but it doesn't change if I lock those open.
gakera
level0

Re: Stuck Truck(s) after a few hours of play

Postby gakera » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:59 am

I just noticed that the stuck truck has a job queued on it for a prisoner to load a log from the workshop into it, but it's well past working hours and so the job is going to be queued for a long time. I dumped the log (after having to check all the damn stacks of logs to find the right one) and the truck seems to be stuck still... Annoying.
gakera
level0

Postby gakera » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:04 am

In both saves I have all the cooks queued up to "load ingredients into cooker" but no ingredients on the map except in trucks, but that's just in one of the saves, in the other the ingredients aren't even visible on the map, there's just one truck with planks of woodi in it.
McLumberjack
level2
level2

Postby McLumberjack » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:26 am

I don't know if you're making the mistake I made, but you might have exports set up inside the prison. Try putting exports on the road, south of the garbage. Trucks wait for all the exports in the zone to be loaded before leaving, even if there's a truck behind (or ten), if the exports zone is far away this means they'll be waiting for a workman to run all the way there and back, by which time there's probably something ELSE in exports to take and the whole cycle starts over. Since I moved exports I haven't seen more than two trucks parked out front.
gakera
level0

Postby gakera » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:06 pm

McLumberjack wrote:I don't know if you're making the mistake I made, but you might have exports set up inside the prison. Try putting exports on the road, south of the garbage. Trucks wait for all the exports in the zone to be loaded before leaving, even if there's a truck behind (or ten), if the exports zone is far away this means they'll be waiting for a workman to run all the way there and back, by which time there's probably something ELSE in exports to take and the whole cycle starts over. Since I moved exports I haven't seen more than two trucks parked out front.

Hmm that might be it, I just added Exports in the new prison, and it might explain it.
gakera
level0

Postby gakera » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:25 pm

gakera wrote:
McLumberjack wrote:I don't know if you're making the mistake I made, but you might have exports set up inside the prison. Try putting exports on the road, south of the garbage. Trucks wait for all the exports in the zone to be loaded before leaving, even if there's a truck behind (or ten), if the exports zone is far away this means they'll be waiting for a workman to run all the way there and back, by which time there's probably something ELSE in exports to take and the whole cycle starts over. Since I moved exports I haven't seen more than two trucks parked out front.

Hmm that might be it, I just added Exports in the new prison, and it might explain it.

Yupp, that fixed it.

Return to “Community Members”