[Suggestion] Panic BUtton

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

NoShotz
level0

[Suggestion] Panic BUtton

Postby NoShotz » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:40 am

I think that there should be a placeable item in prison architect that staff can activate that will alert guards to come to the location where the panic button was pressed, sorta like how this guys mod works: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =318449188
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Re: [Suggestion] Panic BUtton

Postby blipadouzi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:45 am

NoShotz wrote:I think that there should be a placeable item in prison architect that staff can activate that will alert guards to come to the location where the panic button was pressed, sorta like how this guys mod works: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =318449188

That guy is Gary, he works for IV and made the original Vegetable mod.

My guess is that they will eventually implement their own mods into the full game.
Sarasua
level0

Postby Sarasua » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:54 pm

blipadouzi wrote:
NoShotz wrote:I think that there should be a placeable item in prison architect that staff can activate that will alert guards to come to the location where the panic button was pressed, sorta like how this guys mod works: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =318449188

My guess is that they will eventually implement their own mods into the full game.

Well, the devs said that the vegetable garden was not going to be implemented so I'm not so sure but it would great if this one did.
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:27 pm

Sarasua wrote:
blipadouzi wrote:

Well, the devs said that the vegetable garden was not going to be implemented so I'm not so sure but it would great if this one did.

LOL, fair enough.
wige
level1
level1

Postby wige » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:31 pm

Personally, I like that this one is a mod, this way the player can decide if they want the feature as part of their prisons or not.
Ryster
level1
level1

Postby Ryster » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:37 pm

wige wrote:Personally, I like that this one is a mod, this way the player can decide if they want the feature as part of their prisons or not.

Just as if it wasn't a mod and was in the game, the player can decide if they want the object as part of their prisons or not.

Should we make everything a mod? Jail doors, staff doors, tables, sofas, tvs, etc... ? No, clearly not. However I feel that if an item is popular enough, or has a potential to be a great and well liked addition to the game, it should brought into the core game so that everyone can enjoy it, not just those who're willing to mod their game.
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Yeah see, there are 3 kinds of mods in my view. Fixes, modifications and content.

Fixes do exactly that, fix things in the game that don't work. All of these should be implemented into the core game 100% without question.

Modifications, are the types of mods that I make... tweaks and changes to the properties and values of the game. These can be cheats, they can be crazy fun things (like my fast movement mod)... whatever, 95% of these should not be implemented into the game, they're just fluff and/or game changers.

Then there's content, which adds obviously object, materials, jobs, etc... these are as Ryster said, the ones that are 50/50. Some would be awesome to have added permanently, other are whatever.

What we could do is start a list of mods we'd like to see added (and not added) to the game, so the devs can pull from that more easily than surfing the Steam Workshop (if they ever plan to implement any mods into the game)
Ryster
level1
level1

Postby Ryster » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:15 pm

Good idea blip
Kilmannan
level1
level1

Postby Kilmannan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:21 pm

The trick is not to do what Minecraft did, which was ignore all the fantastic mods out there that really did improve on the base game and instead plough on their own path, forcing players to continually source the updated mods / play without them until they were updated, etc.

If a mod is that good, it should become a default feature that you can choose to use or not.
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:56 pm

Kilmannan wrote:The trick is not to do what Minecraft did, which was ignore all the fantastic mods out there that really did improve on the base game and instead plough on their own path, forcing players to continually source the updated mods / play without them until they were updated, etc.

If a mod is that good, it should become a default feature that you can choose to use or not.

The problem that happened with Minecraft were the Mojang lawyers and the modding community (mostly the Forge guys).

The lawyers didn't want Mojang to become liable for anything the community made.
When something was added to the game, the modder expected some sort of compensation for his work.

Then Forge completely changed it's programming language, and modding pretty much died entirely. Minecraft Vanilla was pretty much useless to mod without the Forge API, and there would have been too many legal issues merging Forge into Minecraft.
KailanTheFanboy
level1
level1

Postby KailanTheFanboy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:31 pm

This is absolutely genius.

Return to “Community Members”