(suggestion) Mobile food cart

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

CJH
level2
level2

(suggestion) Mobile food cart

Postby CJH » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:14 am

Adding a mobile food cart would come in handy when serving food to prisoners in segregation, protective custody, super max and should most likely solve allot of problems. Bringing the food to the cells instead of having to risk to bring out the "special incarcerated character" to general populated areas. Ofc you can build more canteens or change the scheme. But for prisoners in solidarity and protective custody and supermax i find this option would be much more land saving and work better. Could be other inmates walking the food carts after being a "perfect inmate". Otherwise it should be cooks doing it.
rsdworker
level3
level3

Re: (suggestion) Mobile food cart

Postby rsdworker » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:44 am

sounds good idea - this would be ideal for Supermax - total confined to cell - 23 hours per day - currently i have to let them out to get food in cateen
possibly a Mod - making laundry basket in food basket that delivers to each room
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:37 pm

Honestly it makes perfect sense to me, and you might wanna have it go past a few dogs and metal detectors to ensure it does not become a 'shiv and drug delivery cart'. :D

I almost think this could be modded in, but I don't know enough about that.
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:39 pm

A mod might be doable using scripts... I don't know enough about scripting yet to try. My mods are mostly file adjustments and property changes.
TK2k1
level1
level1

Postby TK2k1 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:05 pm

Yes. A way to feed in-cell seems to be absolutely vital for both Prot/Supermax populations. Make it less efficient in some way than a canteen, and definitely make it a contraband risk if food runners are fellow inmates, but the option would be very nice to have.
rsdworker
level3
level3

Postby rsdworker » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:12 pm

CJH
level2
level2

Postby CJH » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:33 pm

Great guys that you agree with me, i absolutely agree it should meen a contraband risk aswell, making it a risk to smuggle in escape equipment, drugs/alcohol, and weapons.

Thanks for posting it on mantis bug site.
Diu
level0

Postby Diu » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:36 pm

rsdworker wrote:i have put request on Mantis - http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=6018
I added a note to your request. In short I had the same idea as CJH and failed to mod it. So i put up more requests.
CJH
level2
level2

Postby CJH » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:38 am

Diu wrote:
rsdworker wrote:i have put request on Mantis - http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=6018
I added a note to your request. In short I had the same idea as CJH and failed to mod it. So i put up more requests.

You stole my idea .... Lol kidding. Thanks for posting it on mantis!

Return to “Community Members”