Mass escape attempt

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

RichieGrape
level4
level4

Mass escape attempt

Postby RichieGrape » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:03 am

Had a group escape attempt..figured i'd share with the community Image
xPyr0x
level2
level2

Re: Mass escape attempt

Postby xPyr0x » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:06 am

Holy crap, how long did you let it go without using a shakedown? Metal detectors didn't stop them either!
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:09 pm

xPyr0x wrote:Holy crap, how long did you let it go without using a shakedown?
i do a shakedown every other day....it seems the can dig pretty damn fast when 6 are involved...funny thing is a shakedown did no catch this... i think a dog caught them but no one was punished for a escape attempt =/
xPyr0x wrote:Metal detectors didn't stop them either!
i'm not finding spoons or anything metal in cellblocks..but i am finding that improvised pickaxe regularly (i assume its all wood so metal detector wouldn't catch it)
xPyr0x
level2
level2

Postby xPyr0x » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:35 pm

Yep, its the pick axe... I wonder if they can dig through a perimeter wall...
CJH
level2
level2

Postby CJH » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:48 am

xPyr0x wrote:Yep, its the pick axe... I wonder if they can dig through a perimeter wall...

Yes they can but it takes very long time, i think i found a bug with it because i couldn't find the toilets because they probably had enough time to run back up in the cell from the tunnel. I knew they still were under the perimeter wall (dogs barking and flags pointed out) but couldn't simpy locate the tunnel entrance. After a long while they got under the parameter wall and out and managed to escape.
Zaney
level1
level1

Postby Zaney » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:14 pm

I thought i'd share my experience with escape tunnels.
This is the first time I had a dog catch 2 prisoners as they were digging a tunnel right on top of my dog patrol :D
It was a shame I didn't notice it, because I get so many false positives from my dogs everyday.

Jinxed
level1
level1

Postby Jinxed » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:40 pm

@Richie, thats the interesting cellblock loadout you got there.
Mind showing off your prison?

Regarding tunnels being not spotted at shakedowns, there are few reasons.
1) Prisoners who are digging the tunnels will SUDDENLY stop it and return if shakedown is initiated.
Best way to deal with it manually set the suspicious cells for search without shakedown. In this case there will be a chance that digger is still in the tunnel when guard is searching his cell, therefore leading for guard spotting the dummy.
2) Guards have a very low chance of spotting the tunnel when searching the toilet. The only way to make it 100% is to dismantle it.

I like their style, though. So symmetric.

@Zaney, out of curiosity - did the metal detector went off when prisoner was digging under it?
Drakexz
level2
level2

Postby Drakexz » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:23 pm

The change with the escape Tunnels is kinda stupid.

I have to dismantle the toilet to find the tunnels which takes quite a while, but the prisoners can install / dismantle it within seconds?
The flags are pretty useless, especially with a giant prison like mine and all the fase positives. (giant map, 1200 prisoners)
And i guess guards are blind. Not that i have been in a prison, but how perfect are the prisoners about concealing it?

If you really want to keep it this way, why not add a programm to train the guards so they get a (much) higher chance (maybe 30 - 40%) of finding the hole behind the toilet whitout seeing the prisoner "jump out of it".
Jinxed
level1
level1

Postby Jinxed » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:28 pm

And if we don't want to keep it that way - what you got to suggest in this case?
nikki katz
level0

Postby nikki katz » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Individual tunnels are still possible too. Weirdly, I had three prisoners all break out at the same time, but they all dug individual tunnels (the cell block was too close to the boundary and I forgot to install metal detectors...)
xPyr0x
level2
level2

Postby xPyr0x » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:58 pm

The way they changed it, I won't even build a workshop now. :-/
Zaney
level1
level1

Postby Zaney » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:35 pm

Drakexz wrote:The change with the escape Tunnels is kinda stupid.

The flags are pretty useless, especially with a giant prison like mine and all the fase positives. (giant map, 1200 prisoners)

I agree with this.
Chris said in the last video how he wanted the player to feel a bit paranoia when it came to escape tunnels, and I believe they almost succeeded.
the fact that prison guards no longer can discover tunnels with ease while searching the toilets and the prisoners crawl back to their cells if a shakedown is underway, helps build this paranoia fell.
Dogs on the other hand, does not help build this paranoia because I fell I get so many false positives. Its actually more like the boy who cried wolf (or the dog that cried wolf)
So I would suggest remove the false positives and make it slightly harder for the dogs to detect tunnels.

@Jinxed, as far as I know, the metal detector didn't go off.
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Jinxed wrote:@Richie, thats the interesting cellblock loadout you got there.
Mind showing off your prison?

Steam Workshop Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=322909184
Jacq
level1
level1

Postby Jacq » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:01 pm

Drakexz wrote:If you really want to keep it this way, why not add a programm to train the guards so they get a (much) higher chance (maybe 30 - 40%) of finding the hole behind the toilet whitout seeing the prisoner "jump out of it".

+1

Also I´m getting the idea here, that maybe one could build the blocks so you kinda KNOW where they will dig, and then have a dogpatrol there permanentley, sort of like with rainwater: We might not be able to stop it, but at least we can direct it to a path with a patrol.
Pirate
level0

Postby Pirate » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:07 pm

You call this mass escape ? I have this every 3 days in my prison and I only have like 250 prisoners. They even succeeded once. 5 escapes at once.
I once had like 30 prisoners attempt to escape through the main gate after a riot broke out in the canteen. That was the only time I have ever issued a Free Fire order.

Return to “Community Members”