[Suggestion]Prisoner Character Creator

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

kingslayer53
level0

[Suggestion]Prisoner Character Creator

Postby kingslayer53 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:45 pm

First off, I understand that the "name in the game" tier is already doing this to help support the game and devs, but I think a game where you have individual characters with bios would make a character creator a necessity. I understand that people have already paid extra money to have their name in the game, but that's for every version of PA. It'd be nice to be able to create some prisoners for your personal prison only. I realize this kind of takes away from the exclusivity and significance of the "name in the game" feature. And some people might feel cheated if a prisoner creator was added to the full release. But dang it, it would be so awesome to be able to customize every prisoner in your prison. This suggestion kind of lies in the middle between the con of taking away from the significance of the "name in the game" and the pro of adding customization and uniqueness to an already awesome game. Just a suggestion.

Also, I'm almost certain something as obvious as this has crossed the minds of the devs or has already been suggested in the forum. I didn't see it when I searched, but it might be there somewhere. So I'm saying maybe someone on the dev team has already addressed this and either ruled it out, or made plans for it in the future. Either way I wanted to put it out here. Thanks.
learn_more
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion]Prisoner Character Creator

Postby learn_more » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:03 pm

the name in the game list is just a plain text file, so yeah.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:22 pm

Hi kingslayer53,

A "Prisoner Character Creator" already exists for those who paid for the Name in Game tier.

Log-in using your forum credentials here: http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/register/

Once in, there should be a button on the bottom of the page called "Name in Game Editor" which should take you to your prisoner editor page. On the right side of the page is where you can customize how your prisoner will look in the game. Then you must wait for it to get approved, and updated in the next Alpha release.

Keep in mind, extra customizations - like new faces - would not be fair to those who paid for the Face in Game tier, which is also known as Digital-Immorto-Criminalise Your Face and is currently sold out.

Cheers!
DonCaramello
level0

Postby DonCaramello » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:00 pm

step 1. goto your prison architect folder (if you got it via steam check Steam/SteamApps/common/Prison Architect)
step 2. open main.dat with 7zip oder winrar or smth like this,
step 3. goto data, check "names_in_the_game.txt
step 4. ?
step 5. profit!
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:36 am

DonCaramello wrote:step 1. goto your prison architect folder (if you got it via steam check Steam/SteamApps/common/Prison Architect)
step 4. ?
step 5. profit!

I believe that file is protected
DonCaramello
level0

Postby DonCaramello » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:12 am

oh ok, havent tried it myself,
dont like the idea of sneaking in a game where i can pay for
and im looking forward to buy name too

just an idea, so maybe you need step 4 to get over protection if you really really really want it without paying 20$ :D
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:15 am

knoest26 wrote:
DonCaramello wrote:step 1. goto your prison architect folder (if you got it via steam check Steam/SteamApps/common/Prison Architect)
step 4. ?
step 5. profit!

I believe that file is protected

No, it is not. It's just a TXT file.

Return to “Community Members”