[SUGGESTION] Foundations: Stop placing lights automatically

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

MulleDK19
level0

[SUGGESTION] Foundations: Stop placing lights automatically

Postby MulleDK19 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:46 am

This is the single most annoying thing in the entire game.

I'm growing tired of cancelling build orders for lights, or go through a billion lights to dump them, if I forget they get automatically built.

They're never placed how I want them (Like weird positions, inside walls, etc.). I don't know how anyone thought this would be helpful or useful in any way...
spectacularnono18
level2
level2

Re: [SUGGESTION] Foundations: Stop placing lights automatica

Postby spectacularnono18 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:22 pm

I agree.
tgshaftoe
level0

Postby tgshaftoe » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:35 pm

Totally agree.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:48 pm

A search of the developer forum for terms related to "automatic," "lights," and "foundations" bring up many similar topics. The most relevant is probably this one. Of course, if you really want the issue addressed, you should find and support an appropriate bug on the tracker. #1569, for instance.

xander
ble210
level1
level1

Postby ble210 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:17 am

I really like the auto placement. A bit weird sometimes, but it saves a lot of work, and I never actually notice them later.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:02 am

ble210 wrote:I really like the auto placement. A bit weird sometimes, but it saves a lot of work, and I never actually notice them later.

You are objectively wrong.

I KID! Which is why no one (I think) is advocating that the auto-placement be removed entirely, but rather that we should be able to turn it off.

xander
ble210
level1
level1

Postby ble210 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:06 pm

xander wrote:
ble210 wrote:I really like the auto placement. A bit weird sometimes, but it saves a lot of work, and I never actually notice them later.

You are objectively wrong.

I KID! Which is why no one (I think) is advocating that the auto-placement be removed entirely, but rather that we should be able to turn it off.

xander

I objectively back your option to turn auto-placement on or off :)
Ryster
level1
level1

Postby Ryster » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:44 pm

Indeed. They added a foundations with concrete walls, it should be just as easy to add foundations with no lights.

I mean, hardly ever do I draw foundations for a single room. Almost always I draw a large area of foundations, then place internal walls to subdivide the space. Having auto placed lights just gets in the way of that.

That said, once I've made my rooms within the foundations, I would like a way to then fill that room with lights with predetermined spacing. It's a pain to place lights manually and get the spacings right so that they are even.
MulleDK19
level0

Postby MulleDK19 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:59 pm

I currently have 150 lights for 10 rooms. 150 lights too many is a lot. And $4500 wasted.
learn_more
level1
level1

Postby learn_more » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:13 am

Ryster wrote:Indeed. They added a foundations with concrete walls, it should be just as easy to add foundations with no lights.

I mean, hardly ever do I draw foundations for a single room. Almost always I draw a large area of foundations, then place internal walls to subdivide the space. Having auto placed lights just gets in the way of that.

That said, once I've made my rooms within the foundations, I would like a way to then fill that room with lights with predetermined spacing. It's a pain to place lights manually and get the spacings right so that they are even.

so a better suggestion would be to instead of placing them automatically on a foundation,
that they can be placed like you can assign a room a designation.

Return to “Community Members”