[Suggestion] Human Right's Violations

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

whathopercy
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Human Right's Violations

Postby whathopercy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:35 am

Prison Architect is awesome. At least, I think it is.

One of the key factors is the ability to choose whether or not you want a North-Korean style work camp, or a liberal, low security watch house. Seeing as how draconian measures are probably going to be implemented soon (NOT MINE: Forced labor, surprise beatings, waterboarding, torture), perhaps there could be some repercussions from international authorities on this.

Every two months or so, a team of two sprites (A "reporter" and a "cameraman") will come into your prison and "interview" your high ranking personnel. They will also take a look at your cells and guard equipment. If they find any unsavory materials, such as assault rifles and bloody interrogation tables, they will leave and not come back. Instead, taking their place, a team of international inspectors will come each month to make sure you comply with liberal policy-or face the consequences.

There are two methods for dealing with this. One is to actually clean up your act, treating your prisoner's well and starting reform programs, eliminating military-grade weaponry and so forth, or you can engage in some corporate espionage. You can mark areas as "Sensitive Locations" in addition to their security grade, where your armed guards will harass reporters and inspectors to leave. You can, well, bribe the U.N. to stay away for another month (and you may do so indefinitely) in the new tab marked, 'Black Operations" unlocked through your bureaucracy tree. Another deliciously evil activity is kidnapping reporters and inspectors, making them "disappear" into your incarceration system. You can buy face-masks and privacy gear for your dirty guards as well, ensuring none of them are ID'd by reporters and arrested by police.

There are a number of risks related to going full-blown DPRK on your prison. One is that sympathetic guards or janitors assigned to certain areas may whisper to the inspectors about the horrors they have witnessed, as well as the venture being rather costly. Another is that your staff gradually becomes corrupt, beginning to deal with some of the more influential prisoners for turning a blind eye to contraband and such.

If your illegal operations are discovered, the army will arrive and place every member of your higher staff under arrest, as well as some of the more violent guards. You can mount an armed resistance against the army, but it would be more of a cosmetic thing, seeing as how, well, they're the army, and you aren't going to win. This will result in another reversed role situation, except elements of your illicit activity will be removed.

Does anyone think this should be implemented?
111none
level4
level4

Re: [Suggestion] Human Right's Violations

Postby 111none » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:27 am

I'll wait for the others to confirm but I think something of the like was suggested?
whathopercy
level1
level1

Postby whathopercy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:14 am

111none wrote:I'll wait for the others to confirm but I think something of the like was suggested?

Ah, sorry.
Sarasua
level0

Postby Sarasua » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:22 pm

It sounds really interesting, I hope the developers have something like this planned.

Return to “Community Members”