(Suggestion) Visitation (booth) restrictions

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

dapullia
level1
level1

Re: (Suggestion) Visitation (booth) restrictions

Postby dapullia » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:29 pm

Hate to say this but I have watched many prison documentary and it is 100% true. Every phone call is recorded as well as every visit monitored. Some prisons actually put the prisoners in sealed jumpsuits with a zipper in the back that are one piece so they cannot conceal contraband. I can see that the intercom phone would be recorded and monitored as well. I think the existing visitation room is missing something fairly important. A guard stand. Basically a desk that has CCTV monitors in it relaying a video feed from the cameras in the visitation room so that the prisoners can be monitored by a guard. Basically a point in the room that would automatically station a guard there when visitors were present and collect intelligence on the prisoners visits. If he saw something illicit then he would automatically end the visit, search the prisoner on their way out. This would give an incentive for larger visitation centers. This type of setup would not necessarily gain information as a guard would have to be in earshot of the conversation to hear it unless maybe you have a tech option to install visitation tables with build in voice recorder microphones. Maybe an option to add audio to CCTV cameras. At any rate not as effective as one on one booths. I think the one on one booth option should also be a penalty for misbehavior. If you are above a certain security level then no contact visits for you. If you have been busy breaking the rules then maybe you get no visits at all except for your lawyer. If you traffic contraband and get caught after a visit then you get non-contact visits for a period of time. I could see where the family need could be tied in with this way with a need to obey the rules. Just a few thoughts there.

One thing that is missing is a points system where good behavior earns points and bad behavior costs the prisoner points. Key example: Lets say start at 50 Points on a 100 point scale.

50 Points, Default privileges for sec level.
30 Points, Loose Contact Visits (if permitted)
25 Points, Loose prison job and are not permitted to work
10 Points, 23 HR a day Lockdown
0 Points, Sec Level Automatically increases and points reset to 30 (ex. Min to Med, Med to Max)

The same could work in reverse for good conduct over a period of time so you earn more privileges:
65 Points, Extra Free Time
75 Points, Extra Visits and contact visits if at a security level that does not permit it.
100 Points, Security Level automatically Reduced 1 level if previously automatically raised but never below starting level or manually set level (ex. Max to Med, Med to Min).
Kolchak
level2
level2

Postby Kolchak » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:47 am

That last idea is excellent - might want to make a full suggestion for it, it could get lost in this one and really doesn't deserve to!
Pegasus2
level1
level1

Postby Pegasus2 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:28 am

Yes I agree about the points system. Moveing through this points scheme would have to take some time though, perhaps 7 game days.

It would be interesting if their transfer required a review or approval by yourself, similar to how Theme Hospital had the little notifications that appeared in the bottom left of the screen.

It game some sense of control and descision making on the player and those desisions had consequences or benefits that went with them.
Pallemaker
level1
level1

Postby Pallemaker » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:47 pm

I agree that this sort of point-system would be very useful! It should also be possible to decide what consequences reaching the different point-levels would cause in a way similar to the current prison policy.

Return to “Community Members”