CAn I get my prison back?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

themadmoore
level2
level2

CAn I get my prison back?

Postby themadmoore » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:51 pm

I Just saved blank auto save map over my working prison ... Stupid mistake I know!!
I forgot while I watched the new release video.

While I fully expect to have to start again, I was wondering if there is any way I can get my 502 person prison back?
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Re: CAn I get my prison back?

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:59 pm

Hi themadmoore,

If you're using Windows, try going to your save folder located: C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\saves

Right-Click on the autosave, and click on properties. On the top, there will be a tab that says "Previous Versions." Check to see if your prison appears on the list in a restore point. Otherwise, the prison is lost. I can only suggest to save your prison with a name next time, without relying on the autosave.

Cheers!
themadmoore
level2
level2

Postby themadmoore » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:39 pm

Nope previous versions does not appear in windows 8

Thanks though
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:40 pm

Ah, I don't use Windows 8 so I wouldn't know how else to help ya. Sorry!
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Chris » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:02 pm

Sorry to hear that! Have you tried loading the file "autosave.prison"? Assuming it hasn't been overwritten later on, this will be a version of your prison saved out every 15 minutes or so.
themadmoore
level2
level2

Postby themadmoore » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:08 pm

Sadly this happened while I was watching the new release video and hadn't actually got that far, so a fresh new map auto save file had been created.
I then made the mistake of selecting save rather than load for my prison, and BOOM it was gone!

I am thinking that I am going to have to start again ... but will wait for a bit ... maybe someone will have a brain wave?
And I will be saved from myself!
spectacularnono18
level2
level2

Postby spectacularnono18 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:34 pm

I believe the ONLY WAY to get your prison back is by doing a system restore to a point before it was erased... This is not the best idea but go ahead. Everything in your PC will be the same as it was at the moment you chose to revert to. You would have to possibly re-download Alpha 24. Any changes you have done after the restore point will be erased.

To do a system restore just press the Home Button (windows flag on lower left) and in the search box type "Restore". You then choose the one that says "System Restore". After you open System Restore window just choose a restore point (It might even be from 10 days ago).

So if you really want your prison this is what it will take... Read everything carefully when you are about to do the system restore

Good luck
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:46 pm

Actually, doing a quick search, I found this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... le-history

Try that to see if you get something.
themadmoore
level2
level2

Postby themadmoore » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:09 pm

Thanks, I looked into this suggestion, but didn't have the needed option switched on ... so it is lost.
I have now started a new prison.

Thanks for the suggestions.
ILikNachos
level0

Postby ILikNachos » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:30 pm

Yea I do that allot :(
Spartanxvi
level1
level1

Postby Spartanxvi » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:52 pm

I've run into this problem, dont delete the temp file, just remove the temp ending in explorer ( windows ) and load that [ for example test.prison-temp -> test.prison], havent tried saving after this but at least you havent lost what you've saved.

Return to “Community Members”