Make prisoners more violent.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

blackfalcon
level1
level1

Make prisoners more violent.

Postby blackfalcon » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:23 am

I have a prison of 100 all highrisk inmates and I am getting a fight or a destruction of property every 2 hours of playing. I am practically leaving the game on fast forward and taking naps. Prisoners need to be more volatile. It is too easy to get into a loop of perfectly satisfied prisoners. I mean, in real life, prisoners have grudges, gangs etc... and fight even if they get their cabbage hour and their rec time. I want the game to keep my toes. Right now my guards are to look pretty and my security gates and walls are to keep the sheep out.

Does anyone know of any workshop mod that changes this or is there an edit I can make in the game files?

Suggestions:
Prisoners can join gangs, gangs have affiliations and rivalries.
Inmates form relationships and rivalries
Gangs can organize riots or fights vs other gangs. You may find yourself with a 20 on 20 brawl in your courtyard.
Disobedience: inmates may refuse to comply with regime and may trespass in staff only zones (have a trespass policy and be able to designate staff only areas that are considered trespass and staff only zones that are considered escape)
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Re: Make prisoners more violent.

Postby RichieGrape » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:22 am

i agree

and as i feel it kindof goes along with this i also posted a few ideas about escape attempts, murder, and social systems on this thread
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=49690
blackfalcon
level1
level1

Postby blackfalcon » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:15 am

they also need to let us punish murder. Maybe that could be a use for the electric chair, if someone commits murder in our prison we have the option of
-giving them 15 years
-giving them 25 years
-zapity zap.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:40 am

blackfalcon wrote:they also need to let us punish murder. Maybe that could be a use for the electric chair, if someone commits murder in our prison we have the option of
-giving them 15 years
-giving them 25 years
-zapity zap.

Chris has already said that players will not be able to use execution as a punishment.
blackfalcon
level1
level1

Postby blackfalcon » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:15 pm

I dont see why not, if the customer wants it. Either way, have something because currently murder is treated as serious injury.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:56 pm

He said that murder would involve the prisoner going through another trial.
Lexx2k
level1
level1

Postby Lexx2k » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:03 pm

Which makes perfectly sense. I've never heard of a western prison where the director more or less randomly ordered death penalities. It's simply not their job.
Citizen
level2
level2

Postby Citizen » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:04 pm

I agree that prisoners are WAY to relaxed. It's pretty easy to keep their needs down and with virtually no prisoner on prisoner violence the game gets pretty boring. Prisoner AI definitely needs a boost!
blackfalcon
level1
level1

Postby blackfalcon » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:24 am

MAdMaN wrote:He said that murder would involve the prisoner going through another trial.

That would be most ideal. I think murder and serious injury should go through a trial.
Person012345
level2
level2

Postby Person012345 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:44 am

Max Sec for sure. Min Sec prisoners shouldn't be volatile, med sec somewhere in between. It seems like they've reduced the early morning volatility but in the process, quite predictably, they've made it too easy since that was the only time I ever had any major trouble in my 200 - 300 prisoner max sec prison. The main problem, the way I see it, is that with a regime that actually allows the prisoners to pass any of the reform programs (which is normal in any serious prison since you want workers), they're pretty much in a good mood all day anyway and so will never kick off. Imo, max sec prisoners SHOULD be prone to starting a fight for pretty much no reason.

I'd still like a "softened" period after they wake up, because it was kind of silly to have riots because they want a shower whilst they were standing around in the shower, but max sec prisoners should occasionally just misbehave, start fights (potential riots), stab people, break stuff for no obvious reason. I don't know if a "violent" marker exists already, but if so, a lot of/most max sec prisoners should have it, some med sec and not many low sec and I think it should create a new, hidden need called "violence" (applying only to prisoners with the "violent" trait). When it fills up, they can go to relieve it. Maybe there could even be new equipment, punching bags and the like that they could choose to use, but placing a bunch of bags shouldn't make it go away - much like the choice between television and pool, sometimes prisoners might choose to go stab another inmate rather than use a punching bag.
blackfalcon
level1
level1

Postby blackfalcon » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:11 pm

I think the violence should be less of omg we havent eaten yet today and more of longer term neglect and complaints.
scytal3
level0

Postby scytal3 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:12 am

Person012345 wrote:..max sec prisoners should occasionally just misbehave, start fights (potential riots), stab people, break stuff for no obvious reason..

Definitely agree. Either doing so globally, or adding a random event frequency or unrest factor to the options settings.
blackfalcon
level1
level1

Postby blackfalcon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:40 am

thanks for the support guys. I have been reading around and it seems like alot of people agree
solid84
level1
level1

Postby solid84 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:07 pm

I agree
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:43 am

[quote="Person012345"][/quote]
only other thing i would like to add to this is there should be possible events that happen to trigger a person to be violent...like receiving a call/visit(assuming that they could have found a love one died or that someone is sleeping with their wife, just like the intro mission). Or maybe the person just snapped from being locked up for too long

in the future would like to see some sort of social system to expand this...
  • maybe prisoner A bumped into prisoner B on accident(or maybe on purpose causing him to drop his lunch...
  • maybe prisoner A was rasist...
  • or maybe Prisoner B just has an attitude with people...
  • maybe prisoner C is prisoners B's brother...in prison i'm sure they would both team up in fights and you would see prisoner C looking around for Prisoner A so he could jump him(or even shank him based on his violent traits)
  • maybe prisoner A was playing pool with prisoner B and just doesn't like that he lost
  • maybe prisoner B robbed prisoner A of his bought commissary (implying that they add currency and commissary)

would like to see more random violence and prisoners socializing making friends and enemies

Return to “Community Members”