New Idea: Autopsy Reports?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

JRocket12
level0

New Idea: Autopsy Reports?

Postby JRocket12 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:34 am

I was playing Prison Architect the other day when I realized that one of my staff members was killed but I didn't see what happened. My workman was then brought to the morgue and placed on a morgue slab. Since the morgue serves no purpose right now other than place dead staff members there, I was wondering if doctors could do an autopsy and make a report on when he was killed, where he was killed, and how he was killed. I just think that it would be a cool mechanic to add to the game so you have a little bit more knowledge on what is happening to your prisoners. Does anyone else think that this is a good idea?
Last edited by RGeezy911 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to the Developer forum.
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Re: New Idea: Autopsy Reports?

Postby RichieGrape » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:12 am

i agree

and as i feel it kindof goes along with this i also posted a few ideas about escape attempts on this thread
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=49690
dooferorg
level1
level1

Postby dooferorg » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:09 pm

Workman: Deceased from trauma with screwdriver to the jugular..

..euurrghh..

Yea, would be an interesting thing to note.

Also too, how about our Guards and staff get names. 'Bob' the Workman was simply installing some electrical cable when he was attacked in the yard. Poor Bob.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:39 pm

dooferorg wrote:Also too, how about our Guards and staff get names. 'Bob' the Workman was simply installing some electrical cable when he was attacked in the yard. Poor Bob.

Chris has said only prisoners will have names.
Bromstine
level1
level1

Postby Bromstine » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:11 am

MAdMaN wrote:
dooferorg wrote:Also too, how about our Guards and staff get names. 'Bob' the Workman was simply installing some electrical cable when he was attacked in the yard. Poor Bob.

That's sad. Personalizing those little floating-around thingies with names is, IMNSHO, better since it makes you care more. Maybe just a little, depending on your personality, but it does.

Poor Bob indeed.
Bromstine
level1
level1

Postby Bromstine » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:13 am

It's the obvious use of the morgue. Haven't had one yet, since... well, since it doesn't serve an actual purpose. If they do want to give it one, what else are they gonna do? Frankensteinian experiments can't be it. I think. :D
Reeferken
level1
level1

Postby Reeferken » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:24 am

yeah i would love to see some autopsy reports
or any reports on incidents for that matter

example
fight broke out in cell block A, 2 people got shanked... 1 survived but he's not saying who
use your CI's and wits to find the culprit and bring him to justice

This could also be attached to moral choices like
55 procent likelihood it was Cletus who stabbed him
increase his sentence with 15 years? (if false he becomes volatile, if correct he becomes supressed longer)

poor bob, because he worked 24/7 for a 192 days non stop his family and friends have forgotten him and thus won't be attending his funeral, poor bob
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:07 am

MAdMaN wrote:

I don't think he has. If you can point me to a vid or post where he said that, I will stand corrected, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been mentioned

I like the idea of an autopsy report. Ive had similar experiences where something happened but I wasn't sure what because I didn't directly see the incident. I think this would go hand in hand with an idea I'd been toying around about prisoners using events to accomplish long term goals. If they wanted to, say, escape, they might start a fight just before returning to cells to cause a commotion to get things through metal detectors, or break security cameras before attacking a snitch so they don't get the extra 25 years, or maybe even killing something to get moved to SuperMax to attack something else who is in there, or becoming a CI and giving fault data so as to be moved to PC to kill a snitch. I also think snitchs should 'learn' what is in a prison. Instead of them knowing a % of stuff, they would know about things in the general areas that they have been in, or you could bring them in and give them a 'mission' (find out about contraband in cell block B, or find out about any tunnels in MedSec) and then you would have to release them, wait an amount of time, and then bring them back in again to find out (if they found out) what it is they know.
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:25 pm

I like this idea a lot... it's definitely something the game is lacking. It could also implement a new staff member. The Coroner :D
scott295
level0

Postby scott295 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:48 pm

I agree. We definitely need a way to find out how prisoners and staff have died.
CJH
level2
level2

Postby CJH » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:22 pm

scott295 wrote:I agree. We definitely need a way to find out how prisoners and staff have died.

Yes i agree, also would be nice in the same procedure if you could see afterwards how a prisoner escaped, can be a red line that shows the path, or a quick replay video if you want?
ble210
level1
level1

Postby ble210 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:56 pm

I like this idea. And the coroner idea too!
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:21 am

after playing A25b for abit i have come to realize this is a very needed featured..had a prisoner die randomly the other day..never did figure out where he died at and ended up assuming he had a hit out on him...later on had a second death..and upon closer inspection i noticed he was puking and peeing all over his cell...almost had a 3rd one die (overdose) and it dawned on me..i think the first 2 where overdoses as well but no way to be sure
Pingy
level1
level1

Postby Pingy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:38 pm

I was going to suggest this same thing until I happened upon it via search. You should add [suggestion] to the topic per forum instructions so its more likely to be noticed and implemented.
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:02 pm

Pingy wrote:I was going to suggest this same thing until I happened upon it via search. You should add [suggestion] to the topic per forum instructions so its more likely to be noticed and implemented.

Here's a gold star for doing the right thing and using the search tool :D

Return to “Community Members”