Purpose of CCTV when "Fog of War" is disabled.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

JoshTx10
level0

Purpose of CCTV when "Fog of War" is disabled.

Postby JoshTx10 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:19 am

We all know that if you play with Fog of War off you don't need CCTV. This is a shame as it nullifies a vital part of one game mode in another.

Therefore, could there be added purposes to CCTV in the game, such as detecting some forms of contraband or the movement of contraband within the prison.
neale1993
level1
level1

Re: Purpose of CCTV when "Fog of War" is disabled.

Postby neale1993 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:03 am

I think there will be more to CCTV eventually than just revealing FOW.

At some point, correct me if im wrong, we are going to loose the ability to have direct control over guards, besides patrols and deployments. In this case, i believe the CCTV will act more as an alert to a fight or incident than just revealing fog. In current, if you see it happen you can just send guards. Imagine you being able to see it but guards being oblivious. Thats when CCTV will play a more important role and efficient coverage will be important.
blackfalcon
level1
level1

Postby blackfalcon » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:31 am

I believe that fog of war is what you can see, cctv cameras let your guards know what is going on and respond to fights.
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:27 am

blackfalcon wrote:I believe that fog of war is what you can see, cctv cameras let your guards know what is going on and respond to fights.

yea i cant be sure but it seems guards respond better with cameras up..leads me to believe the guards don't have direct contact with each other but the camera operator does..i have noticed guards seem to respond from further away if there is a camera watching the incident
groovybluedog
level0

Postby groovybluedog » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:19 pm

I notice a similar thing too. What really annoys me is when I have a prison that needs attending to yet guards go and sit in the deliveries area and have to walk half of the map to open a door that I have chosen not to use door control for.
blackfalcon
level1
level1

Postby blackfalcon » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:27 am

RichieGrape wrote:
blackfalcon wrote:I believe that fog of war is what you can see, cctv cameras let your guards know what is going on and respond to fights.

yea i cant be sure but it seems guards respond better with cameras up..leads me to believe the guards don't have direct contact with each other but the camera operator does..i have noticed guards seem to respond from further away if there is a camera watching the incident

They do have direct contact with eachother, they dont have direct contact with you (beyond you moving them arround.) What I mean is you being able to see something doesnt let your guards see it. If another guard sees it or does a CCTV camera then they other guards are informed.

Return to “Community Members”