[Suggestion] Water damage

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

mkygod
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Water damage

Postby mkygod » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:57 pm

i think it should be possible for certain objects, such as TVs, workshop machinery, power station, etc to be damaged by water, either by shower water or sprinkler water.

It could be damaged to the point where it would require repairing or dumping if it is too badly damaged. In certain conditions, maybe it could even cause a short in your power grid or even blow a capacitor.

Maybe im wrong, but there doesn't seem to be a consequence of leaking water due to lack of drainage. I'm guessing it might have negative affect on the environment need but im not sure on that front.
isit
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Water damage

Postby isit » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:00 pm

If water even touches a power station, it bursts into deadly flames igniting and destroying the prison. I've had a firefighting squad come in to clean up a fire I've had, accidently sprayed the power station, and ended up with 3 dead fire squads by the end of it. Oh, and 30 dead prisoners.

Also, Laundry Machines ignite into fire when wet.
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:23 pm

As isit says, it is something that exists for sure, but can be expanded as per your suggestion.

Also I think one could have stagnant water do water damage to the ground itself, where you need to repair it just like you do with tunnels. The damaged ground looks nasty (moldy?) and counts as a 'big pipe' for escape purposes, so a soggy and water damaged prison can be tunned through very easily.
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:56 pm

isit wrote:Also, Laundry Machines ignite into fire when wet.

Not anymore, since Alpha 17-ish

lugaru wrote: The damaged ground looks nasty (moldy?) and counts as a 'big pipe' for escape purposes, so a soggy and water damaged prison can be tunned through very easily.

Wouldn't that give a tunnel a higher chance to collapse? Perhaps only 'smarter' prisoners would be able to dig out faster.
CumpyLustard
level2
level2

Postby CumpyLustard » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:49 pm

Does anyone know if metal detectors can be damaged/destroyed by water? I was reading that it could on the Prison Architect Wikia (yes I know it's unofficial, but here's a link anyway) but I placed one right in my shower room to try and nothing has happened after several showers.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:42 pm

I am fairly certain that the behaviour was altered a few alphas ago (as knoest26 indicates, alpha 17). Most large appliances no longer blow up.

xander
mkygod
level1
level1

Postby mkygod » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:23 pm

I didn't know about the powerstation catching on fire or blowing up when in contact with water. I never tried it. But i think anything that runs on electricity should affected in some way from water.

I like the idea of mold developing w/ stagnant water where you might need to repair the ground or just have a janitor/worker clean it up. Maybe we could also introduce rust on metal objects like jail doors, benches, etc. Maybe these won't cause direct damage, but it can at least be detrimental to the Environmetal need and in some cases Hygiene need as well when there is mold.

I think environmental needs are a bit too easy to fulfill. Stagnant water is just one way we can introduce more challenge for this need.

Return to “Community Members”