/ walls and doors

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Mr9kM
level1
level1

/ walls and doors

Postby Mr9kM » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:37 am

Is there a way for the walls and doors (and other stuff) to be able too turn / (don't know what is called).

now the wall can go like this -- or | but can not be turned /.

Why is that?
Kolchak
level2
level2

Re: / walls and doors

Postby Kolchak » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:56 pm

There isn't currently anyway to place diagonal objects or materials (despite the peculiarity of one of the rotations of the simple door). I cannot think of any previous requests for this, and would be quite surprised if there were plans to implement this. I can imagine it would take significant extra work - but it may well be in the final game...
arwan
level2
level2

Postby arwan » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:26 am

i believe (though i may be mistaken) that at one point in the sprite bank there were diagonals for all the doors (as you can see on the wood door in one rotation) though it also sliding on an angle has never been in a public release, it would be neat to have that option to build doors on an angle, for more room and building options, as there have been times where it would have been beneficial for my prison to have angled doors.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:26 am

arwan wrote:i believe (though i may be mistaken) that at one point in the sprite bank there were diagonals for all the doors...

This is incorrect. The only door that has ever had a diagonal sprite was the wood door. That sprite exists because IV needed a diagonal sprite for a cutscene and decided to be a little lazy about it. ;)

xander
Mr9kM
level1
level1

Postby Mr9kM » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:00 pm

Yes it was when I saw the wooden door go diagonal :) that I thought why not the walls and other stuff turn like that

Return to “Community Members”