[Suggestion] Clicking on "Intake" opens Prisoner Report

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

ApolloLV
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Clicking on "Intake" opens Prisoner Report

Postby ApolloLV » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:07 pm

This is a really helpful UI Feature missing. There even is text in the ToDo item telling me that I should open the "Prisoners Report", and while there is no action associated with the intake ToDo, why not make it the "Prisoners" Tab of the noteboard coming up?!
This might also remove the necessity to write the additional info into the tab.
Currently it is either "n Prisoners arriving hh:mm" or "Your prison is currently closed to new inmates. See the Prisoners Report". In either case, clicking it should open the Prisoner Report, especially because the item is ALWAYS visible in the UI.
Either way, PLEASE, it's just about10 minutes of work to integrate, and it would be really helpful (And improves overall intuitivity of the UI).
If you think that this is a helpful feature, declare your stance on http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=5260 .
keep_on
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Clicking on "Intake" opens Prisoner Report

Postby keep_on » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:09 am

+1

I don't know anything about coding and really can't imagine the time it take to implement this, but it seems like a good (and logic) idea...

I know that coders are on bug fixing during this month, but maybe they will pay attention to that after!

That said, it's a small thing and we can wait for it, there must be more important things and features to add before...
I mean, I can wait for this.... but understand that will be useful!
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:16 am

This would be a nice addition.

keep_on wrote:I know that coders are on bug fixing during this month, but maybe they will pay attention to that after!

Bug fixing was last month. They're back to adding new features now.
mfkdso
level1
level1

Postby mfkdso » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:07 pm

Instead of the intake, you would click the capacity number on the top toolbar. The same might go for the guard count. If clicked, the staff window would open, and be automatically scrolled down to the guards section.

Return to “Community Members”