[Suggestion] Prison Politics

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

PerfectDeath
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Prison Politics

Postby PerfectDeath » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:47 pm

Hello, its been a long while since I last sent a suggestion out, the game's progress has been going great.

I recently watched a part of a new Vice News series about a max sec prison in California and I drummed up an idea on prison politics.

Here's the video's 2nd part that goes into the gangs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PpRk359CVU
You will see blood, so warning!

First, Gangs form when a leader is present and he wants to do two things:
- Improve the gang's Organization
- Improve the gang's Fear

Organization is generated when the gang leader receives a form of contraband in the form of notes from the outside.
Organization can also be generated from possessing and distributing contraband like drugs or weapons.

Organization is his upkeep amount for recruiting prisoners to become part of the gang. Being part of the gang increases the prisoner's re-offending chances.
Organization can be lost if the gang is attacked by another gang or when the contraband notes are discovered before they expire.

As a gang gains organization and members it can 'claim' things like tables, pool tables, etc which only the gang can use (maybe a gang sign appears scribbled on it).
At certain organization levels, the gang will craft improvised weapons.
At certain organization levels, the gang will create hidden gang storage for contraband.

Fear is a resource the gang uses to force non-gang prisoners to accept contraband like drugs in exchange for re-offending chance. Basically it is debt to the gang that is paid when the prisoner is released as future crime.
Fear is generated when the gang attacks non-gang prisoners.

Gangs will prioritize targeting prisoners who participate in rehab or work programs which results in the prisoners becoming less willing to re-participate.

So, what do you guys think and what could be added or implemented? With the drug addictions in game this can possibly add some neat politics as the warden has to consider how he will strangle the power out of gangs even if it means allowing rival gangs to keep other gangs in line.
Caden P
level0

Re: [Suggestion] Prison Politics

Postby Caden P » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:31 am

I think this is a good idea but before this can happen I think Introversion Software has to add dirty money into the game. That way there can be corruption (eg. guards, warden, even janitor). Also, prisoners can use their money to buy contraband. A list of things dirty money can be used for:

-Corruption

-Contraband

-Better canteen food (cooks get bribed)

*Prisoners can rob other prisoners

**If prisoner is caught with money, then the money gets taken away and added to prison's budget
PerfectDeath
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Prison Politics

Postby PerfectDeath » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:14 pm

Yea, I was mostly using the re-offending chance as a form of currency since it is a way of representing the debt a prisoner would owe to the gang.

Return to “Community Members”