Methadone program doesn't seem to run: "ALL ROOMS BOOKED"

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

direvus
level1
level1

Methadone program doesn't seem to run: "ALL ROOMS BOOKED"

Postby direvus » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:22 pm

Not sure whether there's a bug or I'm just missing something about how the Methadone program is supposed to work.

In the Programs list, I have "5 in queue" for the Methadone treatment. When I try to start the program I see a red flashing message that reads "ALL ROOMS BOOKED" where I would normally expect to see the scheduled time of the program and enrolled prisoners.

I have an Infirmary with 4 medical beds and 2 doctors. None of the prisoners seem to actually be showing up for treatment.

All of the other programs I've tried (AA, Foundation Ed., Workshop Safety, Kitchen, etc.) seem to work properly. It's just the Methadone one that wigs out like this.
MFWIC
level2
level2

Re: Methadone program doesn't seem to run: "ALL ROOMS BOOKED

Postby MFWIC » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:03 pm

I've had this issue too; I found a workaround for it by starting all other programs as well, regardless if I had rooms for them constructed or not, then simply cancelling the ones I couldn't support.
Mozzarellaman
level1
level1

Postby Mozzarellaman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:10 pm

check if the infirmary is not staff only.
direvus
level1
level1

Postby direvus » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:48 pm

Mozzarellaman wrote:check if the infirmary is not staff only.

You called it Mozzarellaman, it was staff only. After I set it back to Shared, the program started to work. Thanks.

The wording on ALL ROOMS BOOKED is a bit misleading. Suggest changing it to something more factual and accurate, like NO ROOM AVAILABLE.

Though I am now having the problem with the Methadone program only being 1 hour long, and it takes the prisoners half that time to get to the room. http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=4474
MFWIC
level2
level2

Postby MFWIC » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Have you tried designing your prison with the common areas in the center of the map with all cell blocks routed to the center? I've found this methodology to be very good at increasing prison efficiency. I've taken some ideas for my prison designs from looking at aerial views of real prisons on google earth, and I noticed that was a recurring design feature in many of them.
direvus
level1
level1

Postby direvus » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:34 pm

MFWIC wrote:Have you tried designing your prison with the common areas in the center of the map with all cell blocks routed to the center?

Yep. The problem with travel time seems to be mostly due to locked doors -- the game does not do a good job of assigning the task of unlocking doors to nearby guards (per the top-ranked issue in Mantis http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=752).
Kirbyfreak411
level1
level1

Postby Kirbyfreak411 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:27 pm

I have a suggestion for getting rid of this problem.
I've noticed that the program description says that the "Prisoners Sit".
So I added chairs in the infirmary, and I think that fixed the problem.

I know this doesn't make sense, since the prisoners never do actually sit down, being put directly on a bed instead, but there you have it.

If I'm wrong, don't hesitate to say so.
MortRouge
level0

Postby MortRouge » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:23 pm

When I originally added the methadone program, it was showing as all rooms booked. So, I went back and rescheduled programs. When I scheduled the behavorial therapy programs, they show as all rooms booked, and there are 4 prisoners in queue.
Any suggestions?

Return to “Community Members”