[Suggestion] Delivery Time and/or Employee Assignments

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

VoidingNixx
level0

[Suggestion] Delivery Time and/or Employee Assignments

Postby VoidingNixx » Sat May 31, 2014 5:07 pm

Heyo! My first post here!

So far, have really enjoyed this game, with 100+ hours on it already. Have always enjoyed a good Sim, and Prison Architect is fun and entertaining, not to mention, it's great having cool dev's which actively update and talk about their game.

While playing thus far, I've only noticed one drawback which bothers me the most, and this is the fact that sometimes my Chef's leave the kitchen during mealtime to fetch ingredients delivered instead of putting out food. My suggestion would be to have deliveries at set time (perhaps specified during the Regime schedule, when trucks will arrive during the day), or to perhaps treat the Delivery zone/Storage room, etc. the same way as jobs are handled, and being able to assign a set max amount of employees to be working on that task/in that area or have an employee schedule included with the regime somehow. So instead of having all my Chef's run out of the kitchen, maybe only one or two would be dedicated to going out and bringing back supplies, while the others remain and work.

This system would work well for workers as well, having all of them work and only a few worry about moving materials from the trucks, or handling trash.

Anyways, just my thoughts. Rest of the game I absolutely love! Keep up the grand job on your development!! ;)
Last edited by RGeezy911 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved this topic to the appropriate forum, and the duplicate topic has been removed.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Re: [Suggestion] Delivery Time and/or Employee Assignments

Postby MAdMaN » Sat May 31, 2014 5:22 pm

xander wrote:Discussion of bugs, feature requests, predictions for future versions, and other topics related to the alpha belong in the Prison Architect Developer Forum. I notice that you do not have access to that forum yet, which means that you need to register your Prison Architect key. If you bought Prison Architect directly from Introversion, then instructions should be in the email that you received. If you got the game via Steam, please read these instructions.

Once you have access to the Developer Forum, please read this topic on how to post a suggestion or question. In particular, please try to post only one idea or bug per topic, and please search the forum before you post. It is likely that someone else has already had your idea, and it would be better to respond to an older post than to create a new topic.

Thank you.

xander
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:32 am

VoidingNixx wrote:While playing thus far, I've only noticed one drawback which bothers me the most, and this is the fact that sometimes my Chef's leave the kitchen during mealtime to fetch ingredients delivered instead of putting out food. My suggestion would be to have deliveries at set time (perhaps specified during the Regime schedule, when trucks will arrive during the day), or to perhaps treat the Delivery zone/Storage room, etc. the same way as jobs are handled, and being able to assign a set max amount of employees to be working on that task/in that area or have an employee schedule included with the regime somehow. So instead of having all my Chef's run out of the kitchen, maybe only one or two would be dedicated to going out and bringing back supplies, while the others remain and work.

Hire more cooks and they will do so ;) There used to be a bug in previous Alpha versions which caused ALL the cooks run to the delivery area to fetch ONE box of ingredients and then turn around when the first cook reached it and picked it up. This bug has been fixed for some time now, only as many cooks as there are boxes with ingredients will go to deliveries.

You ARE using the latest Alpha build, aren't you? :mrgreen:
VoidingNixx
level0

Postby VoidingNixx » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:54 pm

MAdMaN wrote:
xander wrote:Discussion of bugs, feature requests, predictions for future versions, and other topics related to the alpha belong in the Prison Architect Developer Forum. I notice that you do not have access to that forum yet, which means that you need to register your Prison Architect key. If you bought Prison Architect directly from Introversion, then instructions should be in the email that you received. If you got the game via Steam, please read these instructions.

Once you have access to the Developer Forum, please read this topic on how to post a suggestion or question. In particular, please try to post only one idea or bug per topic, and please search the forum before you post. It is likely that someone else has already had your idea, and it would be better to respond to an older post than to create a new topic.

Thank you.

xander

Already went thru the registration steps and received all the confirmation. Too much hassle to try it again if some system dropped the info somewhere. ;p

VoiD88 wrote:
VoidingNixx wrote:While playing thus far, I've only noticed one drawback which bothers me the most, and this is the fact that sometimes my Chef's leave the kitchen during mealtime to fetch ingredients delivered instead of putting out food. My suggestion would be to have deliveries at set time (perhaps specified during the Regime schedule, when trucks will arrive during the day), or to perhaps treat the Delivery zone/Storage room, etc. the same way as jobs are handled, and being able to assign a set max amount of employees to be working on that task/in that area or have an employee schedule included with the regime somehow. So instead of having all my Chef's run out of the kitchen, maybe only one or two would be dedicated to going out and bringing back supplies, while the others remain and work.

Hire more cooks and they will do so ;) There used to be a bug in previous Alpha versions which caused ALL the cooks run to the delivery area to fetch ONE box of ingredients and then turn around when the first cook reached it and picked it up. This bug has been fixed for some time now, only as many cooks as there are boxes with ingredients will go to deliveries.

You ARE using the latest Alpha build, aren't you? :mrgreen:

I had I think around 20 cooks. They'd all put out one serving of food and then run off for ingredients leaving everything else on the stoves. I'm guessing maybe more serving tables would be beneficial... but if they just stuck around during mealtime, instead of running doing other things while they have food in the area, that'd be helpful. They're suppose to feed people there at that time, not run around preparing for tomorrows meals when they have a complete full canteen. ;p

And yes, Steam keeps things pretty up-to-date.
GalakFyarr
level0

Postby GalakFyarr » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:26 pm

I think if you can ensure your delivieries area to be secure enough, you should be able to assign prisoners to work in it too.

They'd be in charge of unloading trucks + bringing stuff to where it needs to go (as opposed to people working somewhere having to come pick up what they need).

Return to “Community Members”