(Suggestion) floors/stories

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

RGeezy911
level5
level5

Re: (Suggestion) floors/stories

Postby RGeezy911 » Wed May 28, 2014 12:33 am

I'll tell the wizard to make the first and forth floors bread buns, the second beef, and the third cheese. Prison Burger, Introversion's new game. But don't go stabby on my burger floors.. please.
NascgiGale
level1
level1

Postby NascgiGale » Wed May 28, 2014 12:41 am

paktsardines wrote:Performance aside though, how do you propose electricity and pipes would connect across floors?

Ha. You've actually made this whole argument moot. The game already supports multiple floors. Right now you have the utility level and ground level. If you were to expand this to multiple floors it would work exactly the same way, each level would have a utility level and a floor level. Pipes and electric cables can automatically connect floors through walls that span two (or more) levels, just like in real life (save for the automatic part).
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed May 28, 2014 12:43 am

paktsardines wrote:Ah, a wizard, of course! The first thing I'd make my wizard do is collapse all the floors into one. Then I'd get him to hunt down and get stabby with anyone who's suggested multi levels.

That was my first thought. I mean, I wanted to get stabby in the direction of the original poster. But I tried to see the merit in the idea, and think that wizards provide the perfect solution. Violence is never the answer---only wizards.

xander
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Wed May 28, 2014 5:59 pm

NascgiGale wrote:Ha. You've actually made this whole argument moot. The game already supports multiple floors. Right now you have the utility level and ground level. If you were to expand this to multiple floors it would work exactly the same way, each level would have a utility level and a floor level. Pipes and electric cables can automatically connect floors through walls that span two (or more) levels, just like in real life (save for the automatic part).

It's a layer not a floor level. When workmen install pipes or cables it's still done on the same floor level (the workmen don't disappear from the current level).
Scritty
level0

Postby Scritty » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:58 pm

paktsardines wrote:
I don't think you emphasized just how 'many' times. A more appropriate response would have been "It's been suggested, many x 234525235^3455345454 times before.

Thanks for clarifying 5hifty - that's the figure I have too.

Maybe that's because many many many people want them.

I see the same half a dozen on every thread talking them down (giving the illusion that their opinion is pervasive) and the majority wanting them implemented,
Just because you have learned to be rude and dismissive and post negatively on a subject often - doesn't make you right
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:35 pm

Scritty wrote:Maybe that's because many many many people want them.

I see the same half a dozen on every thread talking them down (giving the illusion that their opinion is pervasive) and the majority wanting them implemented,
Just because you have learned to be rude and dismissive and post negatively on a subject often - doesn't make you right

Game development is not a democracy. Chris knows that a lot of users want multiple story prisons. Everyone in the community knows that there is a vocal group of people who want multiple story prisons (though the comment about this giving the illusion that their opinion is pervasive applies equally well to the other side of the debate, as well---self-selection bias plays a not-insignificant roll here). The problem is that every n00b who is struck by the idea that multiple stories would be a good idea posts a new topic, without searching to see if anyone else has had the same idea.

xander
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:21 pm

I am not sure how well that would work in practice. You won't really be able to watch two floors at once. Unless the guards get a lot more intelligent so you don't have to watch.
blackfalcon
level1
level1

Postby blackfalcon » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:45 pm

As cool as this sounds, it doesnt seem all that practice to have floors in a relativly 2d game.

Return to “Community Members”