[Suggestion] Prison Policy to search all new prisoners

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

5hifty
level4
level4

Re: [Suggestion] Prison Policy to search all new prisoners

Postby 5hifty » Sat May 24, 2014 3:34 pm

Sneak69 wrote:<snip>.

And all of that I would assume is each prisons policy, something that in this game I am meant to be able to determine. If I am going through a spat of high intake and searching the prisoners is taking to long, and I'm ok with running a shoddy jail, I would want to be able to turn it off, just as I would want to be able to turn it on. What I think is needed is a larger Policy page, to encompass not only punishment for breaking rules, but also the policys of how my prison is run. New policy's could be researched via the Warden. I'm thinking things along the lines of: Canteen always open/timed, Separate regimes for security levels &/or cell block, Lights on/off during sleep &/or at such-n-such time, Prisoners searched on arrival, Prisoners searched entering/leaving visitation, Visitors searched, How different doors respond to prisoners (prisoners allowed to use this or that door), Following the lines, Shoot to kill/Warning first upon escape. This would mean we could get a few of the red buttons off the bottom of the screen by having them come into effect automatically when certain conditions, set by the player, are met.
Sneak69
level0

Postby Sneak69 » Sun May 25, 2014 12:13 am

5hifty wrote:
And all of that I would assume is each prisons policy

While this is true to some degree, provinces and states do have standard operation procedures that must be followed. In Canada, Ontario, every time a prisoner "changes hands" (if you will) they must be searched. That being said... this is a game and the more options and tweaking you have available to control your experience the better IMO.
ThePirateKing
level1
level1

Postby ThePirateKing » Tue May 27, 2014 10:10 am

5hifty wrote:
Sneak69 wrote:<snip>.

And all of that I would assume is each prisons policy, something that in this game I am meant to be able to determine. If I am going through a spat of high intake and searching the prisoners is taking to long, and I'm ok with running a shoddy jail, I would want to be able to turn it off, just as I would want to be able to turn it on. What I think is needed is a larger Policy page, to encompass not only punishment for breaking rules, but also the policys of how my prison is run. New policy's could be researched via the Warden. I'm thinking things along the lines of: Canteen always open/timed, Separate regimes for security levels &/or cell block, Lights on/off during sleep &/or at such-n-such time, Prisoners searched on arrival, Prisoners searched entering/leaving visitation, Visitors searched, How different doors respond to prisoners (prisoners allowed to use this or that door), Following the lines, Shoot to kill/Warning first upon escape. This would mean we could get a few of the red buttons off the bottom of the screen by having them come into effect automatically when certain conditions, set by the player, are met.

I like the idea of expanded prison policy a lot. It seems like IV could add a lot of options for the player by just adding in a few more checkmarks that control a few values.
WarpedPerspectiv
level1
level1

Postby WarpedPerspectiv » Tue May 27, 2014 5:27 pm

I simply put metal detectors at every door and assign dogs to patrol the entrances. It's a pretty simple solution.
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Tue May 27, 2014 5:57 pm

WarpedPerspectiv wrote:I simply put metal detectors at every door and assign dogs to patrol the entrances. It's a pretty simple solution.

... Well I guess the games finished for you then.

Return to “Community Members”