[Question] How to create a specific kind of cell

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Setari
level2
level2

[Question] How to create a specific kind of cell

Postby Setari » Fri May 16, 2014 4:30 am

So I'm trying to create various cells with no results whatsoever. It seems that the game doesn't recognize there is a door in front of the cell, but everything else is peachy. I'm trying to add a one block shower to them which I think is throwing everything off for whatever reason.

Here's a screenshot:

Kind of sucks this isn't working. Normal 2x3 cells work fine.

Edit: I realize the cell I'm hovering over doesn't have a door but it's the same for the rest of them.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Re: [Question] How to create a specific kind of cell

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri May 16, 2014 5:17 am

The reason why is because of the way the game defines "Enclosed". To the game, enclosed means that the zone needs to have a wall or door in every direction on the unzoned tiles directly next to it. However, when you place a shower zone in a cell zone, the cell zone will not see the shower zone, which gives you an enclosed error. It's as if the shower zone is just an empty tile to the cell, and the cell is expecting a wall or door to be there instead.

One thing you could do instead is to just leave it as a cell zone, but install a shower head anyways. Then in the regime, set an hour of free time after their sleep time. As of now, prisoners will use objects that are in a zoned room, so if they need to take a shower they will use the nearest shower head (which would be in their cell) during the free time. Take note, if you set the regime to shower, the prisoners will go to the nearest shower zone instead of using the shower heads in their cells.

Hope this helps!
Setari
level2
level2

Postby Setari » Fri May 16, 2014 6:00 am

Oh, awesome! Okay, thank you very much. I didn't know the game worked like that as of right now.
Robbedem
level2
level2

Postby Robbedem » Fri May 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Be sure to put the freetime at 8h or later, otherwise the prisoners will just keep sleeping.

Return to “Community Members”