[Suggestion] Micro Management. {cell block} AND {Bunks}

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

kalasas
level0

[Suggestion] Micro Management. {cell block} AND {Bunks}

Postby kalasas » Sun May 11, 2014 9:26 pm

I would like to be able to assign where each cell block sends workers/ eats/ showers.

For instance, my one cell block nearest to the kitchen should work/eat their.

My cell block nearest to the workshop should work/ eat at a different kitchen.

I would also like to see some type of bunking system implemented. Where you can either place multiple prisoners in a cell, with two beds (and make them happier--) or place a bunk bed ( which makes them less happy.
** the reasoning behind it-- having one prisoner to a cell is something that is almost completely unheard of in real life. As such, it shouldn't happen in the game.

We should also have the ability to create cell "houses" where its just a bunch of beds with a communal shower/ bathroom.
*** again- reasoning that this is done at almost all prisons. Of course, this would be like a minimum security area.
kalasas
level0

Re: [Suggestion] Micro Management. {cell block} AND {Bunks}

Postby kalasas » Sun May 11, 2014 10:34 pm

here are some pictures of bunk houses

Here is an example of multi- prisoner cells
zengrath
level0

Postby zengrath » Mon May 12, 2014 3:45 am

I been bothered by the 1 prison per cell issue since the early few alphas when i first started playing. I just figured it would be implemented in time but we still do not have it... if you go to prison there is no chance in hell you will ever get a prison cell to yourself, that just does not happen, so it seems silly we have to build a cell for each prisoner with their own toilet, etc, what a waste of resources!

I would even take step further. While bunk cells would be a "small" decrease in happiness. i would like to see holding cells allow bunks throughout cell like in pictures you shown allowing even more extreme space/cost savings but at cost of very high hit to happiness, etc. This could provide an interesting challenge for those who want to try and mimic challenge that some prisons deal with in real life!
flesh_god
level1
level1

Postby flesh_god » Tue May 13, 2014 2:06 pm

kalasas wrote:We should also have the ability to create cell "houses" where its just a bunch of beds with a communal shower/ bathroom.
*** again- reasoning that this is done at almost all prisons. Of course, this would be like a minimum security area.

This is possible, I did it with my first prison, my rooms being cells, and the house being the common area, with a shower. The only thing that had to be done, like you said, it is that I had to put a toilet in every room... But the rest was like a min prison :).
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Tue May 13, 2014 2:40 pm

flesh_god wrote:
kalasas wrote:We should also have the ability to create cell "houses" where its just a bunch of beds with a communal shower/ bathroom.

This is possible, I did it with my first prison, my rooms being cells, and the house being the common area, with a shower. The only thing that had to be done, like you said, it is that I had to put a toilet in every room... But the rest was like a min prison :).

Basically describes the modern day campus style prison, i.e: how nearly all prisons are built since we did away with the idea that huge walls were the best idea.
Karrade
level1
level1

Postby Karrade » Sat May 17, 2014 1:56 pm

kalasas wrote:
I would also like to see some type of bunking system implemented. Where you can either place multiple prisoners in a cell, with two beds (and make them happier--) or place a bunk bed ( which makes them less happy.
** the reasoning behind it-- having one prisoner to a cell is something that is almost completely unheard of in real life. As such, it shouldn't happen in the game.

This is incorrect.

Several countries have 1 prison cells, several don't. That said the game would be better if it allowed for both, much like weaponry choice, punishment/rehab levels, the types of prisoners you want security level and conditions etc.

Here are some examples from various countries:

WISD0MTREE
level1
level1

Postby WISD0MTREE » Sat May 17, 2014 6:20 pm

A lot of prisons for illegals waiting to be deported have bunks. But then again the Houston jail has one bed per cell. Bunks should be an option, though.
cecilman_69
level1
level1

Postby cecilman_69 » Sat May 17, 2014 7:55 pm

I agree with being able to set multi-prisoner cells. A prison's capacity should be counted by beds and not individual cell rooms. I have wanted to make a minimum security facility for a while now where the "cell door" locks 4-6 prisoners into a house-like building at night and is open during the day. The minimum security prison near to where I live is more like a fenced off street with a few guards milling about it than anything else and it is more focused toward reform programs rather than harsh punishment which in my opinion is best for low-risk minimum security prisoners.

Likewise for maximum security prisoners I have wanted to build house like cells where they have everything they need so that they never have to leave except for a little yard time and meals.

Return to “Community Members”