[BUG] Weird Income Flow

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

JackPS9
level0

[BUG] Weird Income Flow

Postby JackPS9 » Thu May 08, 2014 6:28 pm

So my cousin's girlfriend got interested in PA after seeing me play it. So I let her try playing it on my steam account.

The weird thing is what when she was playing her cash flow shows $4.6K but she every hour the game takes like 90 from her and says it is from her cash flow.

I'll try to get her to take a picture of it next time it happens.
Tarô11
level2
level2

Re: [BUG] Weird Income Flow

Postby Tarô11 » Thu May 08, 2014 6:47 pm

JackPS9 wrote:So my cousin's girlfriend got interested in PA after seeing me play it. So I let her try playing it on my steam account.

The weird thing is what when she was playing her cash flow shows $4.6K but she every hour the game takes like 90 from her and says it is from her cash flow.

I'll try to get her to take a picture of it next time it happens.

I don't get where there is a problem. She has a cashflow of 4.6K, and what ? It doesn't mean she won't have expenses ? I don't get your point sorry.
flesh_god
level1
level1

Postby flesh_god » Fri May 09, 2014 2:40 pm

JackPS9 wrote: but she every hour the game takes like 90 from her and says it is from her cash flow

I think you have to clarify that... but it is expenses or a loan... I guess with my undertanding.
Tarô11
level2
level2

Postby Tarô11 » Fri May 09, 2014 2:48 pm

It could be a loan or a reform program also
JackPS9
level0

Postby JackPS9 » Fri May 09, 2014 3:09 pm

no cause it says Cashflow -90 so its not a program or anything its somehow her cash flow.
mdloafer
level1
level1

Postby mdloafer » Fri May 09, 2014 3:31 pm

One of the more "senior" members can correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the cash flow indicator at the top of the screen, telling you how much you'll make per day, doesn't necessarily take into account all of your expenses...maybe? In your girlfriend's game, check the Accountant's reports to see a detailed list of all the income and expenses. Does that report show a positive result?
JackPS9
level0

Postby JackPS9 » Fri May 09, 2014 3:46 pm

its a positive amount and there isnt any exports so I know thats not the case.
mdloafer
level1
level1

Postby mdloafer » Fri May 09, 2014 4:09 pm

JackPS9 wrote:its a positive amount and there isnt any exports so I know thats not the case.

If you mean "expenses", there are always expenses. If you have an Accountant, please take a look at the Finance report. This will list the money that you're making (grants, etc) and everything that you're spending (wages, food, etc). Looking at that report, are you making more than the prison is spending?
Tarô11
level2
level2

Postby Tarô11 » Fri May 09, 2014 4:09 pm

You don't understand something: The cashflow is made by the revenues, minus the expenses like staff salaries, programs, food... Even if it is positive, you will see on the screen some expenses from the cashflow, that have already been calculated in the cashflow displayed at the top. So if you pay attention to your cashflow when you see a minus cashflow or plus cashflow on your screen, you will see that actually your cashflow displayed doesn't change, only your Balance, because the cashflow displayed already took in account your daily cashflow expenses and revenues.

When you see + or - cashflow, it is only to indicate the source of the revenue / expense, not to say that it has been just now added / deducted from your cashflow (but from your balance, yes).

Return to “Community Members”