Problems with Programs

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Merlinus12
level0

Problems with Programs

Postby Merlinus12 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:12 pm

Created a prison that included 2 classrooms and all the various other buildings/rooms for programs (kitchen, workshop). Got all of the classes to take place once, but after that no one will enroll. Teachers go to the class at the specified time, but immediately leave since there are no students. Help?

File linked here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/b99wzmxtzxfq5gr/Programs%20not%20working.prison
christhekiller
level3
level3

Re: Problems with Programs

Postby christhekiller » Mon May 05, 2014 12:45 pm

Are your prisoners getting suppressed a lot? Check the programs tab and see if anyone's interested. If no one's interested in the program then try moving armed guards away from highly trafficked areas in your prison or reducing punishments in the policy tab.
Merlinus12
level0

Postby Merlinus12 » Mon May 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Ah, that would explain things... I basically am using armed guards at every bottleneck.

How SHOULD guards be used then? How should I be using suppression without getting the downsides?
furrot
level1
level1

Postby furrot » Mon May 05, 2014 8:22 pm

Best choice is to use the armed guard in areas that if the prisoners stray into you would want them punished (suppressed). I only use one in the main gates passageway in my prison because if a prisoner is there they are going to turn around quickly or be shot. I used to have another in the solitary cells to fulfil the grant but he was eliminate to help the bottom line.
EdHyde
level1
level1

Postby EdHyde » Mon May 05, 2014 9:28 pm

In my prison I have armed guards patrolling everywhere, more than 75% of my prisoners are in the "suppressed" category, doesn't stop them from going to classes.

The key is food ! If they are "well fed" it more or less counters the suppression effects.

Of course a prisoner who spends half his time in solitary... well no chance to make him go to classes, but for the others it seems to work

Return to “Community Members”