[Suggestion] Enemy of the State Prisoner

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Vadon
level0

[Suggestion] Enemy of the State Prisoner

Postby Vadon » Fri May 02, 2014 3:58 am

A super maximum security prisoner like terroristleaders, people that committed high treason/traitors, people that earned billions through fraud and etc.

Pro's for having one:
- Gives you a lot of income.
- Big bonus for keeping him alive till execution day if he is to be executed. (Electric chair has a use now? :D)

Con's for having one:
- When the special prisoner escapes/dies: A very heavy (financial) penalty will be issued to you.
- Every other prisoners hates this special prisoner and tries to kill/injure him on sight.
- The special prisoner uses any means necessary to escape and is very aggressive.
- The special prisoner gets outside help to escape. (Armed assault on the prison? :D)

So in short: A lot of effort just to keep 1 guy, but with a big reward. And would be a new aspect to build a seperate small wing for just 1 person. Just like Horny in Dungeon Keeper.
kairithesweet
level0

Re: [Suggestion] Enemy of the State Prisoner

Postby kairithesweet » Sat May 03, 2014 5:15 am

I really like this idea. :D Would be fun and keep you on your toes while you have him there.
OneEyedShark
level1
level1

Postby OneEyedShark » Sat May 03, 2014 11:29 am

this sound very american... but then agian this game is very american, in the place it take place (<oO)
blacksythe
level2
level2

Postby blacksythe » Sat May 03, 2014 5:31 pm

The game is not very american watch the dev vids XD

Execution is as posted very often a very delicate issue and should only really be introduced with careful planning for example

The architect can build the cells the execution chamber and the security to go with it and choose if to accept death row inmates into the prison or not

The date is set and the prison and prisoner must pass their health checks and safety checks which are upto the architect to make sure they can be carried out and pass

The rest is automated
The trial
Clemency
Lawyers working to save the prisoner from death row everything

Nothing more no hey you you punched a guards off to the execution chamber you go.
Vadon
level0

Postby Vadon » Sat May 03, 2014 7:43 pm

It's not very American. There is actually a Turkish example named Ocalan the kurdish rebel/terrorist leader: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_%C3%96calan

That guy has a whole prison dedicated for him and him only.
Praetyre
level1
level1

Postby Praetyre » Sun May 04, 2014 4:57 am

While this idea has been suggested many, many times before (including by yours truly, here; http://forums.introversion.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47975), it certainly isn't unique to the United States; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermax#Prisons_with_supermax_facilities; the article in general gives a decent overview of the concept as well, and is well worth a read for ideas in implementation.)

Furthermore, the America-centrism of the game doesn't really bother me for a number of reasons, one of them being that America is the only country with A: The Death Penalty (the chair in particular is actually not used all that often and was never used as often as people think it was, but that's another story), B: A reputation for nasty prisons that would not arouse (even more) obvious controversy from setting it in, say, Russia, China, or some second/third world helllhole.

Also, America has a massive prison population, even relative to its size and even relative to those aforementioned controversial countries. And even outside the US, American prisons have (for all these reasons and more) a huge cultural landmark on pop culture relative to others, much like other aspects of America (and in many cases, California's) legal system. And there are some unique (and interesting) elements to the US in this respect, such as the issues with things "South of the Border" and numerous different ethnicities and ethnic crime groups, ranging from the Italian Mafia to the Yakuza to ethnic street gangs like the Crips and the Bloods (I know some of these are present in various forms in Europe, but not to the same extent nor the same diversity as in America)

EDIT: Also, there's the obvious rarity of non-American private prisons and the issue being more prominent there. A major part of the game formula, to say the least.

I'm not against mods or custom scenarios set elsewhere, but I can fully understand the developers sticking to a largely Southern US/Mountain States/Pacific Northwest/Midwest/East Coast type setting(s).
Karrade
level1
level1

Postby Karrade » Sun May 04, 2014 7:53 pm

Suggestions for different types!

Millionaire Drug Lord - Hired Thugs or Gang may try to break him out from inside or outside.
Total Psychopath - Very violent bad news, all kinds of nasty effects or things he does.
Former Spy - Expert at escape of all kinds, locks, tunnels, hand to hand.
Corrupt Politician - Will try to bribe guards, staff, or other prisoners to get contraband or escape.

I vote he wears black or if you want more realism High Risk Colors Green/Yellow :) It'd be a neat endgame challenge actually, super prisoners.
spectacularnono18
level2
level2

Postby spectacularnono18 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:42 am

I love this idea, I've been hoping for this to be added for a long time

Return to “Community Members”