How do you add your ID to the game?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

arwan
level2
level2

How do you add your ID to the game?

Postby arwan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:34 am

so i really want to see my character as me in the game. but

what is the line of code to be used.?
is it location specific in the preferences file?
is it just my Forum name AKA Arwan or some variation there of?
is it case specific? "upper case, lower case"
would it use"" in the field?
is it the prisoner ID number from the name in the game file the user id im supposed to be using?

i have so far tried about 6 different variations of what i thought it might be but to no avail.. so I come here looking for answers.
Tarô11
level2
level2

Re: How do you add your ID to the game?

Postby Tarô11 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:53 am

Which version of the game did you buy ?

If you want to be able to write the bio of a prisoner and give him the name you want, you have to purchase the "Name in the Game" pack. If you want to go further and to also be able to give a prisoner your digitalised face, you have to purchase the "Digital-Immorto-Criminalise Your Face" pack.

More info about the packs here: http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/
CJH
level2
level2

Postby CJH » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:22 am

No he meens, in the alpha 20 video, chris speaks about that you can change in the preference.txt file the user id so the game automaticly knows which player is yours (if you have name in game ofc). It will then be labeled "You" under your name if you fail your prison management and get sent to your own prison yourself. If you dont change in the preference.txt file the game will chose a random inmate as "You" if ive understood it correct.

...Some questions regarding this...
1. I also have no idea where i find my user id (i have name in game)?
2. Exactly where in the preference.txt file should i add this number? (Forum ID place???)
3. What should i put in exactly?

Would appreciate if anyone could make a short tutorial and link it here, i take for granted that many others have the same question.

So please please help someone who knows about this.

Best regards
Last edited by CJH on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tarô11
level2
level2

Postby Tarô11 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:03 am

Sorry then, I admit I havn't watched the Alpha 20 video yet and thus wasn't aware of this. When he said "so i really want to see my character as me in the game" I directly thought about the pack you can buy to have a prisoner with your face.
CJH
level2
level2

Postby CJH » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:57 am

CJH wrote:No he meens, in the alpha 20 video, chris speaks about that you can change in the preference.txt file the user id so the game automaticly knows which player is yours (if you have name in game ofc). It will then be labeled "You" under your name if you fail your prison management and get sent to your own prison yourself. If you dont change in the preference.txt file the game will chose a random inmate as "You" if ive understood it correct.

...Some questions regarding this...
1. I also have no idea where i find my user id (i have name in game)?
2. Exactly where in the preference.txt file should i add this number? (Forum ID place???)
3. What should i put in exactly?

Would appreciate if anyone could make a short tutorial and link it here, i take for granted that many others have the same question.

So please please help someone who knows about this.

Best regards

Anyone else knows?
Ignath
level0

Postby Ignath » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:08 pm

I came looking for the same information. I found "ForumID" value in the preferences.txt file, but don't know what to replace it with. I'm wondering if it's the number that is shown on your prisoner portrait when you go to Extras --> Name In The Game and find your prisoner. Each prisoner holds a placard with a number on it.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Ignath wrote:I came looking for the same information. I found "ForumID" value in the preferences.txt file, but don't know what to replace it with. I'm wondering if it's the number that is shown on your prisoner portrait when you go to Extras --> Name In The Game and find your prisoner. Each prisoner holds a placard with a number on it.

I would think that you would replace it with your forum ID ("Ignath", in your case). This, of course, presumes that you have registered on the forums, and that this registration was prior to the release of the alpha.

xander
ouyin2000
level1
level1

Postby ouyin2000 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:14 pm

From the video: If you have bought Name-In-The-Game or Face-In-The-Game you can use your forum ID to port your character in. Otherwise it will assign you a random character.
arwan
level2
level2

Postby arwan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:26 pm

testing what xander said. will update with results.

update 1
replacing it with my forum name arwan did nothing... now going to try the number...

update 2
if you replace the 0 with the prisoner ID number from the name in the game file minus the "" then it works.

Return to “Community Members”