My dogs are killing unconsius prisoners!

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Tempra
level0

My dogs are killing unconsius prisoners!

Postby Tempra » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:26 pm

So, a bit of a riot broke out in the laundry, and i just witnessed a dog run in afterwards, an eat an unconsius convict!

Is that supposed too happen ?
xander
level5
level5

Re: My dogs are killing unconsius prisoners!

Postby xander » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:06 am

Dogs attack rioting and escaping prisoners. When dogs attack, they do damage. When damage is done, it is possible for a prisoner to die. So yes, this is supposed to happen. Or, rather, it is not something that is not explicitly not supposed to happen.

My guess is that the sequence of events looks something like this: (1) a prisoner riots, (2) a dog is tasked with attacking that prisoner, (3) the prisoner is rendered unconscious by something else, (4) the dog finally arrives and attacks. Perhaps when a prisoner is rendered unconscious, the tasks assigned to dogs ought to be recalculated?

xander
Last edited by xander on Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:33 am

xander wrote:Dogs attack rioting and escaping prisoners. When dogs attack, they do damage. When damage is done, it is possible for a prisoner to die. So yes, this is supposed to happen. Or, rather, it is not something that is explicitly not supposed to happen.

My guess is that the sequence of events looks something like this: (1) a prisoner riots, (2) a dog is tasked with attacking that prisoner, (3) the prisoner is rendered unconscious by something else, (4) the dog finally arrives and attacks. Perhaps when a prisoner is rendered unconscious, the tasks assigned to dogs ought to be recalculated?

xander

I believe xander, that Chris has stated the AI for dogs is currently incomplete.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:11 am

111none wrote:I believe xander, that Chris has stated the AI for dogs is currently incomplete.

Indeed. I don't think anything I said contradicts that. (Though I did leave out the additional negative needed to make my original post make sense, but have since edited it in.) :P

xander
Tempra
level0

Postby Tempra » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:50 pm

xander wrote:Dogs attack rioting and escaping prisoners. When dogs attack, they do damage. When damage is done, it is possible for a prisoner to die. So yes, this is supposed to happen. Or, rather, it is not something that is not explicitly not supposed to happen.

xander

See the things is, it went down like this -
1 Riot breaks out.
2 guards put down riot with tazers and beatings.
3 Riot is completely over, prisoners are all in chains or unconsius.
4 Dog patrol wanders past, while on patrol duty.
5 Dog runs off into laundry without dog handler.
6 Dog attacks unconsius prisoner, killing him.

Problem here is, the guy was dealt with, atleast for a few mins, when the dog gets hungry and eats the poor bugger!
killerx243
level1
level1

Postby killerx243 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:31 am

Well that's what happens when you use Dingos :S

Return to “Community Members”