Suggestions for Alpha 20!

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Suggestions for Alpha 20!

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:50 am

Everyone post your suggestions for Alpha 20 here!

My List:

Code: Select all

=Developer Mode                                             
Some kind of Dev Mode with a FEW cheats.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=Some new rooms like Superior Cell and Library             
They've been in Development for quite a bit now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=New levels of Prisoners                                     
Superior Prisoners - To live in the Superior Cells. They get better food, and don't work.
SuperMax Security Prisoners - Are treated like dirt, and you are not penalized if they are Murdered.
=Classifiable Cell blocks                                                 
You can classify cell blocks - Superior Cell blocks; Super Maximum Security Cell blocks, etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=Lawyers fixed [NEW PURPOSE]
Prisoners may hire a Lawyer to argue about giving a Prisoner Death Row.
==Courtroom [new room] + Death Row
If a SuperMax security Prisoner Murders someone, you can decide to hold a trial. An Externally hired Judge will come in to your Prison.
He will have the power to sentence the Inmate to Death Row.
Sparrrrow
level1
level1

Re: Suggestions for Alpha 20!

Postby Sparrrrow » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:16 am

JASPer.Gamer.9.0 wrote:Classifiable Cell blocks
You can classify cell blocks - Superior Cell blocks; Super Maximum Security Cell blocks, etc.

go to deployment, with that you can already classify cell blocks
lighting957
level1
level1

Postby lighting957 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:10 pm

It would be cool if they added isolation cells.
Sparrrrow
level1
level1

Postby Sparrrrow » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:25 pm

lighting957 wrote:It would be cool if they added isolation cells.

solitary is the same right?
stoppedreality
level1
level1

Postby stoppedreality » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:34 pm

Sparrrrow wrote:
lighting957 wrote:It would be cool if they added isolation cells.

solitary is the same right?

Solitary is a punishment - isolation can be for certain prisoners in the long term. Like solitary, but can be a permanent situation.
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:44 pm

Assign a prisoner to a self contained cell block, that has a small yard and canteen block. Have a single kitchen service all the different canteens. Nice idea. Will be back with pics.
sirshane
level0

Postby sirshane » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:36 pm

A new room library where you have big book shelves where prisoners can spend their spare time and learn things. Its contributes to the betterment programs and gives jobs for the library. Side effect could be that they fight over the last copy of twilight.

Another good help would be highlighting the item or room that you are hovering over so you can pick it out again. So if you wanted to add more chairs you would open the items menu and then hover over the chair and it would put the border around it. For rooms its especially helpful because you can expand the room easily. I don't know if its just me going "where is the kitchen" or "where is the office" and taking 15 seconds to read down through the list.
Sparrrrow
level1
level1

Postby Sparrrrow » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:48 pm

5hifty wrote:Assign a prisoner to a self contained cell block, that has a small yard and canteen block. Have a single kitchen service all the different canteens. Nice idea. Will be back with pics.

assign to a cell block would be nice indeed

sirshane wrote:A new room library where you have big book shelves where prisoners can spend their spare time and learn things. Its contributes to the betterment programs and gives jobs for the library. Side effect could be that they fight over the last copy of twilight.

Another good help would be highlighting the item or room that you are hovering over so you can pick it out again. So if you wanted to add more chairs you would open the items menu and then hover over the chair and it would put the border around it. For rooms its especially helpful because you can expand the room easily. I don't know if its just me going "where is the kitchen" or "where is the office" and taking 15 seconds to read down through the list.

library is already in development

for the second part the clone tool was invented
duracelleke
level0

Postby duracelleke » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:54 pm

Maybe a external security check ? and the gouverment that sends a inspector to see if you dont mistreath your prisoners ?

-Security Check:
-You need to pay for this
- If you take the option there will be a person from the gouverment in your prison to see for weak spots and how escape proof your prison is and how secure your pads to the canteen are etc....
- He would set it in a report with a ground plan of your prison and with colours(red orange yellow, green) that point out how safe the zone is, and maybe some information about how much % change theire is that a prisoner can escape etc... it has enless possibilities.

-Inspector:
-After a week or so, a inspector comes to inspect your prison:
-Do you prisoners get enough food ?
-Do they need to live with 20 in a small holding cell ?
- Again endless possibilities.
- If the inspector found something that is wrong, there could be a penalty, first a warning or two, and then a small money penalty. But this should only be with serious stuff, not with is the shower large enough.
blacksythe
level2
level2

Postby blacksythe » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:57 pm

duracelleke wrote: - If the inspector found something that is wrong, there could be a penalty, first a warning or two, and then a small money penalty. But this should only be with serious stuff, not with is the shower large enough.

According to the game mechanics the game feels that the shower being large enough is very important naked prisoners and all close together can become a bit of an orgy and not all of your prisoners like this.

Remember don't drop the soap
duracelleke
level0

Postby duracelleke » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:09 pm

blacksythe wrote:
duracelleke wrote: - If the inspector found something that is wrong, there could be a penalty, first a warning or two, and then a small money penalty. But this should only be with serious stuff, not with is the shower large enough.

According to the game mechanics the game feels that the shower being large enough is very important naked prisoners and all close together can become a bit of an orgy and not all of your prisoners like this.

Remember don't drop the soap

I mean the money penalty :p
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:39 pm

5hifty wrote:Assign a prisoner to a self contained cell block, that has a small yard and canteen block. Have a single kitchen service all the different canteens. Nice idea. Will be back with pics.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2bbpl1.png
lakefisher1
level1
level1

Postby lakefisher1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:33 pm

Have certain rooms be measured on their square footage, not their Y by X axis. But maybe have minimum on the width so you can't make a 1x12 room but it could be 4x16 (I made a few holding cells this big for a POW camp theme prison and it wouldn't allow it because it was too small, even though it was well over the 5x5(?) minimum in square feet/meters.
EddieG
level1
level1

Postby EddieG » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:43 pm

Two things related to workshops:

Both my small test/concept prison and large main prison have multiple workshops. If I want to offer Workshop Safety Induction or Carpentry Apprenticeship programs to my miscreants, I have to de-zone all but one workshop and build my schedule. If I don't, it'll schedule the first available time slot for each available room - which is all well and good, except there is only one Foreman and thus only one active program. If I run two programs concurrently in the large prison, I lose prisoners mid class due to sentences not being tied to clock time... heck, I lose prisoners in the Carpentry program all the time even with correct scheduling.

Idea #1: Workshop Classroom. Requires: Saws - Carpenters Tables can be added for Carpentry Apprenticeship classes. Workshop classroom should be unused outside of class time. The equipment isn't that expensive.

Idea #2: Woodworking Shop. Requires: Planers and Carpenters Tables. Planers function like saws, but only handle wood.

The addition of Planers and re-tasking logs to planers and metal to saws would resolve a bug where finished materials sit idle if a saw gets switched mid-production. Anyone who has passed Workshop Safety Induction can run a Planer and Carpenter's Tables remain the same.

ETA: Please remove the basket requirement from the laundry room. It might be an AI problem but my prisoners tend to stand around until a janitor brings in a basket then all of a sudden they rush off to do things... unless they take the basket with them, in which case they come back and stand around again.
simz04
level1
level1

Postby simz04 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:25 am

Fix the new grants that doesnt work would be a good start. I did half the nutrion one, saved and on reload i had to start over. Same with the long term investment, its back to zero everytime i load my game and i cant complete it since i would have to play for longer than i usually can.

Return to “Community Members”