March 2014 poll : What next?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

What should we focus on next?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:47 pm

Bug fixes - eg AI errors, crash bugs, game glitches, broken content
11%
Performance enhancements - permitting higher capacity prisons at high FPS, with less frame lag
6%
New and different starting conditions - eg existing broken jail / harsh landscapes
3%
New 'Mid game' content - eg new grants / staff / weapons / rooms / furniture / jobs / reform programs etc
27%
New simulation systems - eg drug abuse / gangs / complex injuries / weather + seasons
30%
The 'End game' - ie Parole / re-offending / victory+failure conditions / game-over events / score
9%
Please stop adding new systems, and improve/finish the existing systems first
4%
Campaign mode - ie illustrated story chapters like the introduction with written characters and dilemmas
4%
Better mod support - eg support for community created game objects, staff etc
2%
Game balance - rebalancing of all prices, timers, systems etc, so the game is challenging and fair
4%
I want everything above - and my vote will therefore be ignored
1%

Total votes: 1639
TheJaffar
level0

Re: March 2014 poll : What next?

Postby TheJaffar » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:26 pm

oh ok, i didn't knew that.

Maybe they could do it that it try to load it.
If it works, good.
If not, catch the crash via error handling and than start the normal map instead.
That would be a good temporary solution, i guess...

If the game would not crash that often it wouldn't be a big thing for me.

Error handling is a good thing anyway.

But hey, it's alpha, it crashes. ^_^

And i prefer content over minor bug fixing in Alphas.
CJH
level2
level2

Postby CJH » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:48 pm

Gangs would make my life a little better :P
christhekiller
level3
level3

Postby christhekiller » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:03 pm

You know what I'd like? I'd like for fridges and cookers to be on the squares I put them on. As they are they sort of bleed into other squares and where in my head I had them right where I put them making nice little lanes for cooking and fridging now it seems like there's no room for my cooks (and prisoner to cook)

Also, it'd be cool if we could get more foremen. Or have workers teach prisoners how to do workshopy things because as it stands right now I can't completely separate among the different security levels without having to mix them to teach them workshop but I can have multiple cooks/ psychologist (and I think teachers? I haven't been paying attention to my second classroom)
Fmanf83
level0

Postby Fmanf83 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:41 am

Pls make the workers more efficient, they build/move 1 thing and leave for another worker to show up from way across the map.

Think also about assigning cooks to different kitchens and canteens and make the prisoners want to dig tunnels more often ;)

Additionally, now with the teachings by the foreman, the programs are messed up, if you have for example 2 or more workshops.

Thanks for all the great modified features
RustyWalker
level1
level1

Postby RustyWalker » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:32 am

My thoughts on what weather simming could be: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47843
creedofheresy
level0

Postby creedofheresy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:06 am

Bug fixes. Please dear god bug fixes, especially with the saving system, that thing is bugged to the point of outright destroying the game.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:47 am

creedofheresy wrote:Bug fixes. Please dear god bug fixes, especially with the saving system, that thing is bugged to the point of outright destroying the game.

Saving the game works fine. What problem do you experience, perhaps we can help you with it?
rydan
level1
level1

Postby rydan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:08 am

Someone mentioned high-profile prisoners, and that sounds awesome. And to further expand on that idea, undercover agents in your prison as prisoners. Like an action movie! :D that could also work in 2 ways, either you get a undercover agent as an inmate and you as owner knows about it OR you have no idea, then stuff hits the fan and afterwards you get to know why.

I guess this would be incorporated into some kind of Event system, another Event example that could happen would be a break out from external source, that could happen to a high-profile prisoner.
Frank H
level0

Postby Frank H » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:01 pm

I must say I really miss the punish option to send prisoners to court. (To extend their jailtime)
Assaulting inmates or staff, escape attempt, etc. should be possible to result in a longer time in jail. Hey, there's a use for the lawyer that doesn't do anything :-D

Also, having the option to automatically move prisoners from medium to high risk after say, escape attempts. And also lower people when they don't do anything in a 10 days or so. As of now, I usually look who is in solitary, and increase them to high depending on what they've done ... lots of micromanagement. But the other way round, is much harder, how can you see people that behave good? :D
Tempra
level0

Postby Tempra » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:30 pm

I'd love if people stopped getting stuck in doors, that would be my priority, and gangs!

When you have a properly managed prison, nothing happens, i want gangs too starts mass fights! I want shankings ! I want drug trading in the yard, wich results in more shankings!

Edit: oh - and death row inmates!

Edit 2 : Guess i shouldn't have said that - Immediatly afterwards a massive riot spred, 94 deaths, 110 injuries, 240 + people waiting too serve time in solitary, 10 hearses sitting outside... wow
BeigeSponge
level1
level1

Postby BeigeSponge » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Any chance for executions? Been waiting for this since Alpha 4
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:08 am

BeigeSponge wrote:Any chance for executions? Been waiting for this since Alpha 4

This particular topic has been talked to death on the forums and mentioned in several of the alpha release videos. Please search the forum and (re)watch those videos before commenting further. I recognize that I am being relatively snarky, but this really is a topic that keeps coming up, and the answer hasn't changed much since alpha 1.

xander
Squizzel
level1
level1

Postby Squizzel » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:18 pm

Know what be really handy? Tiding up the forum abit. At the moment, there's a comliation list that hasn't been updated since 2012 pinned, scores of threads that all cover the same ideas, and yet when people go to post about them they generally get told off for not searching and posting in dead threads (when generally, it's considered breaking rules to actully revive a dead thread for no good reason on most forums).

This makes it hard for use to give a clear message about what we Really want, and for people to discusse things that, while the rest of the commutiy have, newcomers haven't
Karrade
level1
level1

Postby Karrade » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:18 pm

rydan wrote:Someone mentioned high-profile prisoners, and that sounds awesome. And to further expand on that idea, undercover agents in your prison as prisoners. Like an action movie! :D that could also work in 2 ways, either you get a undercover agent as an inmate and you as owner knows about it OR you have no idea, then stuff hits the fan and afterwards you get to know why.

I guess this would be incorporated into some kind of Event system, another Event example that could happen would be a break out from external source, that could happen to a high-profile prisoner.

Gangs, informants, corrupted guards, escape attempts from the outside and undercover cops. Then we'll have some intrigue going on :)

Definitely focus on adding features in alpha, gangs and mid level -end game content
Orichalcon
level0

Postby Orichalcon » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:55 pm

I'd like to see some more R-Rated content get into the game, along the lines of drugs, sex and violence. It is a prison after all.

That said, don't let the bugs get out of control, it's good to debug what you have every now and then.

Return to “Community Members”