Some Suggestions I find really cool

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

H3LLk3RN
level0
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:17 pm

Some Suggestions I find really cool

Postby H3LLk3RN » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:06 am

-Talk to the press (Like make it in the way it can mess with your prison reputation and funds)

-Automatic slow down (if you are speeding) when a riot or a fight start's

-More ways to earn money as it is very slow to get it

-More objectives like (the governor wants this high danger criminal in your prison for x time)<- this is only an example simillar to the objectives we have now like (hire an accountant)

-Prison reputation (reputation with the system, let other prisons know you're better than them or not (online or not)
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Some Suggestions I find really cool

Postby xander » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:47 am

H3LLk3RN wrote:-Talk to the press (Like make it in the way it can mess with your prison reputation and funds)

I still don't know what you mean by this. How would talking to the press influence the reputation and funding of the game? Would it cost money? Would you have to hire a new kind of staff member? What kind of influence would talking to the press have on the prisoners and staff? What are the mechanics of talking to the press?

H3LLk3RN wrote:-Automatic slow down (if you are speeding) when a riot or a fight start's

Something like this?

H3LLk3RN wrote:-More ways to earn money as it is very slow to get it

The game economy has been discussed in some detail in various other threads. Unfortunately, economy balancing is really something that can't be done well until the game is feature complete, which means waiting until the beta phase starts. Unless you have some specific ideas for how to improve the economy?

H3LLk3RN wrote:-More objectives like (the governor wants this high danger criminal in your prison for x time)<- this is only an example simillar to the objectives we have now like (hire an accountant)

Some specific objectives can be modded into the game via the "grants" file. There are already a couple of mods that do this, which can be found by checking out the dev wiki or searching the forum for mods. Other "objectives" will likely be added into the game as the campaign is completed, but I wouldn't expect the campaign to appear much before the beta phase of testing (if it were me, my goal would be to the game essentially done, then build the campaign---this prevents changes in the game engine from breaking campaign files). Something like your "governor wants this high danger criminal in your prison for x time" has been mentioned before.

H3LLk3RN wrote:-Prison reputation (reputation with the system, let other prisons know you're better than them or not (online or not)

I'm not sure that this is exactly what you have in mind, but Chris has made it clear that the eventual endgame will include some tracking of rehabilitation. Successes increase some statistic about your prison (value? repuration? *shrugs* --- this hasn't been implemented yet), and failures decrease that statistic. It seems that the eventual plan is to have something like a reputation system, though maybe not in exactly those words. If you want to let other people know that your prison is better than theirs, there are already some informal metrics that seem to be running around: prison value, daily income, and number of high sec prisoners come to mind.

As an aside, please glance through this topic on how to post a suggestion or question again, and pay special note to the request that you post only one suggestion or idea per thread and the request that you give your topic a descriptive title---it really does make it easier for people to reply to you, find topics that have been discussed before, and keep things organized.

xander
H3LLk3RN
level0
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:17 pm

Re: Some Suggestions I find really cool

Postby H3LLk3RN » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:49 pm

please keep out of my threads. I'm not a game developer, I was just expressing some opinions, they are not elaborated only ideas, so please shut up and go bother someone else because I completly do not care about what you're saying, I've seen loads of comments of yours and I totally don't like you, so please really keep out of my threads
m_wellbring
level1
level1
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Re: Some Suggestions I find really cool

Postby m_wellbring » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:57 pm

Wow. If you didn't want people to comment and discuss your ideas then you shouldn't have posted them.
Citizen
level2
level2
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 am

Re: Some Suggestions I find really cool

Postby Citizen » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:43 pm

H3LLk3RN wrote:I've seen loads of comments of yours and I totally don't like you, so please really keep out of my threads
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Some Suggestions I find really cool

Postby xander » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:15 pm

H3LLk3RN wrote:please keep out of my threads.

You posted a thread on a public forum. As soon as you posted it, you lost possession of it. If you don't want people to comment on your ideas, don't post them on a public forum.

xander
H3LLk3RN
level0
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:17 pm

Re: Some Suggestions I find really cool

Postby H3LLk3RN » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:30 pm

xander wrote:
H3LLk3RN wrote:please keep out of my threads.

You posted a thread on a public forum. As soon as you posted it, you lost possession of it. If you don't want people to comment on your ideas, don't post them on a public forum.

xander


you commented two times the same thing in diferents threads, these are just basic ideas that I had yet to be discussed with people here
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Some Suggestions I find really cool

Postby xander » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:02 pm

H3LLk3RN wrote:you commented two times the same thing in diferents threads, these are just basic ideas that I had yet to be discussed with people here

My replies were not identical. In the first thread, which was in the wrong place, I suggested that you post it in the correct place, and that you follow the stickied guidelines for posting a suggestion or bug report (including searching first, and posting one idea per thread). I then noted that none of your ideas had been fleshed out at all, and that several of them had been suggested before.

You then posted here. Since this was the right place, I commented on the suggestions that you made. I asked for clarification where I was confused (don't confuse "I don't understand your idea" with "Your idea is crap"), suggested more appropriate, pre-existing topics where I thought they existed, and noted the cases in which requested features are likely to be implemented (as per the various release videos) or how one could use the modding system to implement those features now. These comments are honestly meant to help foster discussion: in the cases where I am asking for more information it is because I really do want to understand what you have in mind (or, more broadly speaking, I am not creative enough to see how it would work in the game, and am asking anyone to elucidate a gameplay mechanic); and in the cases where I direct you to other places, it is because you likely have something to contribute to the threads where they are being discussed.

You chose to view this as an attack and told me to fuck off.

xander
User avatar
VoiD88
level5
level5
Posts: 1001
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:24 am
Location: Soltau, Germany
Contact:

Re: Some Suggestions I find really cool

Postby VoiD88 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:52 am

Seriously, what's going on with everyone bashing xander so much all the time? I've seen it going on in the forums for so long now and I just don't understand why you guys are doing it (not just directed at OP but at the forum in general). It might be frustrating that he's pointing out your mistakes all the time, but unlike most of you, he actually posts useful information and often links to other topics or helpful sites. He doesn't do that because he's trying to annoy anyone but because he's trying to point new forum members to the right places. You guys should really get your heads around the fact that not everyone knows everything and xanders posts ARE helpful. So what I'm saying is: If you don't like him, nobody cares; just keep it to yourselves and stop flooding the forums with useless bashing, because that's much more annoying than anything else here.

Sorry, I don't usually write posts like this and I won't do it again or answer to any flame-replies to my post but it's really starting to bug the crap out of me. :evil:
Citizen
level2
level2
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 am

Re: Some Suggestions I find really cool

Postby Citizen » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:11 am

Xander acts like a dick, and people don't like that. I'm just answering your question, btw.
RGeezy911
level5
level5
Posts: 1098
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Some Suggestions I find really cool

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:05 am

Citizen wrote:Xander acts like a dick, and people don't like that. I'm just answering your question, btw.

He doesn't. As VoiD88 already mentioned, Xander mostly posts helpful replies and provides links for new members to the correct sub-forums to make their posts in an attempt to keep the forum as organized as possible, and for them to receive the most replies to their suggestion / question as possible, by posting in the correct sub-forum. He is a community leader for Prison Architect in that he has been given very limited and specific privileges on these forums, tied to a just-as-strict mandate that allows him to move certain threads from one sub-forum to another, delete blatant spam on certain sub-forums, and respond to emergent abuse on certain sub-forums. He's been around the community longer than you, but he still maintains some form of neutrality with new members.

However, when a new member decides to say, "fuck you, I don't need your opinion or advice" when it was freely given to them on a public forum, then they deserve to be slapped in the face.

~~~~~

H3LLk3RN,

When you post a suggestion, expect to receive positive and negative feedback along with neutral suggestions to your own suggestion. Xander wanted you to split your ideas into separate threads, and to explain them further. This was a neutral suggestion, which you took as a form of hostility.
User avatar
111none
level4
level4
Posts: 970
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:32 am
Location: Wangjing, Beijing, Peoples Republic of China

Re: Some Suggestions I find really cool

Postby 111none » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:12 am

VoiD88 wrote:Seriously, what's going on with everyone bashing xander so much all the time? I've seen it going on in the forums for so long now and I just don't understand why you guys are doing it (not just directed at OP but at the forum in general). It might be frustrating that he's pointing out your mistakes all the time, but unlike most of you, he actually posts useful information and often links to other topics or helpful sites. He doesn't do that because he's trying to annoy anyone but because he's trying to point new forum members to the right places. You guys should really get your heads around the fact that not everyone knows everything and xanders posts ARE helpful. So what I'm saying is: If you don't like him, nobody cares; just keep it to yourselves and stop flooding the forums with useless bashing, because that's much more annoying than anything else here.

Sorry, I don't usually write posts like this and I won't do it again or answer to any flame-replies to my post but it's really starting to bug the crap out of me. :evil:

Been going on since Alpha 1 and the Darwinian days at least.
H3LLk3RN wrote:-Talk to the press (Like make it in the way it can mess with your prison reputation and funds)


I believe you are talking about press coverage over issues? (Like murders, escapes and manhunts?)

-Automatic slow down (if you are speeding) when a riot or a fight start's

No, just no. The entire game is focused on micromanaging; doing so would be almost like giving yourself an aimbot in Battlefield on easy. It just makes the game less intense and boring in my idea.

-More ways to earn money as it is very slow to get it

Been there, said that, heard that, in the works; the prices are a beta balancing issue.

-More objectives like (the governor wants this high danger criminal in your prison for x time)<- this is only an example simillar to the objectives we have now like (hire an accountant)

Uh…. Global Financial Crisis mod? This can be achieved by modding the Lua script.

-Prison reputation (reputation with the system, let other prisons know you're better than them or not (online or not)


No, just, no. This is going to turn out like the Men of War leader-boards, the game would turn out to be who can create the largest prison with the most inmates and least staff. I am going to have nightmares about seeing the amount of prisons that will lack creativity.

Return to “Community Members”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests