[mod] Attn: materials.txt modders -> materialsBase mod

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

gmyx
level1
level1

[mod] Attn: materials.txt modders -> materialsBase mod

Postby gmyx » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:04 am

New in Alpha 17 is the ability to additively load materials.txt; however if you do modify this file, you need at least one full copy of materials.txt

Here is a simple solution, a 'base' mod that simply re-implements the existing materials.txt. Then all other mods simply need to include their modified objects instead of all objects.

I have called it materials base and have released it on Steam. I will add it shortly to the wiki.

Let me know what you think. I will have my own mods linked to this mod for simplicities sake.

Edit: Having trouble uploading to steam...

Edit 2: Here it is on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =223034766
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Re: [mod] Attn: materials.txt modders -> materialsBase mod

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:20 am

I sitll dont understand what you or people mean this: additively load materials.txt?
gmyx
level1
level1

Postby gmyx » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:20 pm

thekillergreece wrote:I sitll dont understand what you or people mean this: additively load materials.txt?

the mods are basically plain text files. When PA loads, it loads them each individually and 'adds' them up. If two or more files change the same line/property, only the most recent take effect but all the other changes happily merge together.

I hope it cleared it somewhat.
gmyx
level1
level1

Postby gmyx » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:25 pm

Just a quick update: Fixed the dogs not counting as staff (it was labeled stafff in the file)

Return to “Community Members”